Lowest prices for your stay
US$92
Orbitz.com
Booking.comUS$74
AscendUS$75
Lol.travelUS$92
All reviews no elevator choice hotels therapy dog small window third floor downtown core long weekend lobby archie rama casino ascent shuttle concert
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2020

We were able to check in early despite it being a long weekend, which was so great as we were travelling with pets. Very friendly staff and pretty room. So nice to be able to sit outside on a terrace next door at Fion McCools!

Date of stay: August 2020
Hotel Manager, General Manager at The Champlain Waterfront Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. Glad you had a brilliant stay with us.

We hope to serve you soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2020 via mobile

I booked this hotel after having Conversations with front desk making sure I have bottom floor because my mother is in wheelchair
Should i not have been told there are stairs everywhere and NO parking anywhere. If you get a ticket they pay your ticket how ridiculous
Construction everywhere it was a terrible stay
Noise unbelievable above us complained to no avail
You should tell your guests what is going on around your hotel. I asked numerous questions and nothing was mentioned
Room is clean however so small you have not were to put you bag even

Finally left at 1am couldn't take it any longer

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2020

Not the right place to stay for me. We were told of a few stairs ut it is more than a few. All King rooms are on the third floor and there isn't an elevator. None of the rooms have tubs shower only. On site restaurant has stairs to get to it and two sets of more than 5 to get to the bathroom. My problem because I need a cane. Plus all out front is construction. All you could hear was back up alarms. When we got there and noticed all this we should have cncelled right away and went somewhere else.

Room tip: Ask as many questions as possible
Date of stay: July 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We do have some rooms on the ground floor and happy to accommodate guest requests. We are in the process of installing a brand new elevator. Please accept our apologies for the construction, this was part of the sidewalk construction by the city. This work is now completed.

We hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed February 22, 2020

Between October 2019 and Feb 2020 I've stayed there many times. Always a pleasent place to visit and stay. The staff are very pleasent and friendly and truely want to make your visit the best possible. The breakfast was great until the reno started but I'm sure that will change. Lots of great food options within a few minutes walk. Theres also a Metro down the street if you need supplies.

Room tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel face the lake.
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Nathan C, Manager at The Champlain Waterfront Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2020

Dear Mr.Potter,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We are currently undergoing major improvements for our breakfast to ensure maximum quality for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Nathan Chretien
Assistant General Manager
The Champlain Waterfront Hotel

Reviewed February 21, 2020 via mobile

The stay was fine. The hotel is fine. But be careful with your credit card. They processed a second charge on my credit card a month after my stay. Apparently an error with their new payment processor. I've been back and forth with them for over a month now, with many promises of a credit. Still haven't seen it. Today they put through another authorization on my account. In error, they say. This has been an absolute nightmare, and I'm waiting now to see if the promised credit actually comes through, and that they don't process the 3rd charge. Beware.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suezq2015