All reviews turn down service executive suite fireside lounge separate bedroom grocery store deluxe continental breakfast french doors full size fridge sausage yogurt friday evening pool and hot tub complimentary shuttle hard boiled eggs boutique hotel chocolate mint great room
Reviewed October 27, 2016

I always stay on the upper floors. This is a small, quiet hotel and the staff really goes above and beyond. Rooms are very clean, comfortable beds and the suite of rooms with full fridge and private bedroom is beautiful. I think the prices are in line with larger hotels and the fireside lounge is a nice touch with breakfast. If I had one teeny complaint it would be the lack of a gluten free option, but that's something I can deal with :)

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Christian L, Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately at this time there hasn't been enough demand for gluten free baked goods to warrant offering them on a daily basis but we are extremely happy to accommodate all reasonable requests and if you let us know when booking your next stay we can certainly have some gluten free baked goods available for breakfast. Thank you for choosing Stone Gate Inn!

Reviewed October 23, 2016

I traveled here recently on business. It's a very clean, quaint hotel with friendly staff. Quite comfortable with a nice bar area and lobby. A little tight on parking, however that was mainly due to some temporary parking lot construction.

One small annoyance. The iron supplied in the room is tethered to the ironing board with a stretchy phone cord-like cable. This is so silly. This is the second hotel I've traveled to that does this. Is there an epidemic on stealing irons? Lose the cable please.

Overall my impression was very good. The room was very clean, up to date and quiet. In terms of dining you may have to drive to nearby locations as there didn't appear to be too much within walking distance.

Overall a nice choice in the area.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

I'm very sorry about the tight parking as we were having our retaining wall rebuilt but I'm pleased to see it didn't detract from your stay. We are actually in the process of replacing our irons with a non-tethered version and I understand they can be difficult to manage sometimes, my apologies. Next time you visit I will have a dinner recommendation ready for you that is within walking distance of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2016

We just returned from a three night stay at the Stone Gate Inn and enjoyed our visit very much. This was our first visit and we booked the Luxury Suite. We were very pleased with this room; the gas fireplace was a lovely feature. Water pressure and temperature was perfect in the shower, and we appreciated the little kitchen with microwave, fridge, toaster and small coffee maker. Cutlery, stemware and plates were also provided. Although bustling, we had no issues with noise from the road or other patrons in the hotel. Breakfast was a bonus; you could partake in a cosy room with a fireplace/chairs or take your meal in a nearby dining room. It was a quick 10 minute drive to the park at Lake Couchiching, and from there, we walked to downtown Orillia for restaurants, bakeries, shopping.
With many thanks to the wonderful staff!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan905

I'm very pleased to see you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I will certainly be passing on your kind comments to the staff and we look forward to your next visit to Orillia!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

I was very pleased with our stay at stone gate. The inn was very clean, bed was comfortable, and enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Also had a good breakfast, coffee good. The only thing I didn't like was the margarita, little too much salt and strong, but the girl that made it was really nice and friendly, just needs a little more practice making them. Would recommend this inn highly and will stay again if we are up that way.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor and it was quiet and close to elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Christian L, Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2016

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments. We can certainly ease up on the salt a little and work on our mixology :). I hope we have the pleasure of your company again soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Clean, comfortable and pleasant service. I am working in Orillia every other week. This place is perfect. I took the studio suite and I was more than comfortable. Excellent experience. Quiet, and it feels like you are staying at your own apartment. I brought some food with me so i warmed it up and i had a nice meal while watching the debate.
Pool is small, but cozy. Gym is very small but does the job. I was alone, so i do not know what it would happen if someone else would have come to work out. The Inn is a bit far away from the main street. Walking around would not be fun, but by car you are 2 minute ride to the whole town.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm very glad to see you enjoyed your stay. We certainly do try our best to make our guests feel right at home.