All reviews tim hortons mini fridge chairs and tables apple trees nice lady reasonable rates comfortable beds great place to stay stay there again check in was easy coffee maker thought of everything updated bathroom first stop fire pit close to downtown home away from home
Reviewed October 5, 2018

In the 1950's my parents would take us on road trips. We often stayed in motels that looked just like the Picket Fence.

But don't be misled...this is a nice motel not an antique. The inside layout reminds me of the old motels but this one has very comfortable beds and updated bathroom. There is even a 'modern' television in the room.

The room was clean and comfortable and well located to visit downtown St. Andrews.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2018

My wife and I drove up from southern Maine for our Nexus interviews at the U.S./Canada border in Calis and needed to stay just for a night. We found this hotel to be just fine, and the updated rooms were very comfortable. The rooms on either side of us were unoccupied, so I can't really speak to the noise issues mentioned by other reviewers.

The wifi was strong and worked well, the bathroom was clean and modern, and the hotel is situated very close to downtown. Tim Hortons is nearby for breakfast in the morning. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in one of the rooms furthest from the office, #16, which we thought was a good location away from where there were no empty rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2018

My husband and I stayed here last weekend for one night and were so impressed. Check in was excellent and a very nice lady gave us a map and recommendations of what we should see in St. Andrews (thank you!). We loved the area! Its an older motel unit but its is kept up extremely well and extremely clean, actually it was immaculate. The room was small but everything we needed and very very comfortable. We travel quite a bit as I'm a travel agent so I'm always trying out different destinations and places to stay that I can recommend to my customers. We stopped going to the big box hotels this year because for me, they are all the same and I've decided to try out motels (preferably family run) to add different options for my suggestion list. Also, I think motels have a more personal touch which I'm absolutely loving. So far this year, this one is my favorite. We loved it, reasonably priced, great location, great customer service and ....I'll mention again .... CLEAN. This motel is excellent and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a more economical getaway.You can still go to the beautiful Algonquin Hotel to see and dine there if you'd like...which we did, another suggestion the nice lady gave us....again thank you. We thoroughly enjoyed our short visit to St. Andrews and we will definitely be back for a longer visit next time. PS - it was a great stopover on our way to Maine from Nova Scotia. 5 stars from me. Keep up the good work Picket Fence Motel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

An older motel for sure the ceiling height is 7 feet, and the unit very compact but it's a delightful place to stay. Front desk was very helpful in changing my reservation that occurred last minute. The unit we were in had a very large TV, the beds extremely comfy nice touches like candies in a bowl. Had a fridge. Its compact and our neighbors were a bit noisy but overall I would say this motel is above average would stay aging for sure.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Nice little motel conviently located near town centre. Clean room with friendly helpful staff.
Good value and definitely worth a stay here in the future.
Couldn’t find anything negative to say about this spot.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple