“Convenient location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rouyn-Noranda
Quebec, Canada
“Convenient location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

Right in downtown Rouyn-Noranda, close to grocery store, shopping malls and other boutiques and services. Within walking distance of essential services and the room rates include the continental breakfast!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hearst, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

First, please note that I'm not one to write reviews, weither good or bad, but I am one that checks them, so when I went to check for Motel Deville, I stayed open minded as they had only 2 reviews... one good and one bad... but let me tell you about my experience.

I stayed at this hotel while attending a hockey tournament with my son. First, let me tell you that the rooms are nice looking and big and the place seemed fine at first, and except for the fact that the rooms are missing a microwave and for the lack of parking, which consist of about 15 spots close to the hotel, and then about 20 across the street in a parking lot with no lights, I can very well live with this for $145 per night.

Then, that's when the disapppointments started. First, the lack of hot water for showers... about 85% of our group had cold showers... so we are told that to many people shower at the same time... so what should you do! Shower at 3:00 am?

Then, it's the elevator that is out of service... so here we go through 3 very narrow flights of stairs with the hockey bag (and my son is a goalie, so that's a heavy bag!)... So when I asked when it was going to be fixed, I was just told by the front dest clerk that they turned it off because there are kids in the hotel who run around! I think I would have rather kept on thinking it was broken than being told they SHUT IT DOWN purposely!

Housekeeping: When we first walked in, the room was clean, but the next day... she made the bed & picked up the dirty towels and emptied the garbage... that's it! Didn't clean any glasses or cups, not the coffee pot, explaining why she didn't leave any coffee! Left only bath towels, no faceclothes. Couldn't even vaccum the floor!

Continental Breakfast: Grocery bought individually wrapped muffins, bagels, toast & coffee... Not exactly what I expected for the price!

So when I went to check-out after my 2 day stay, the clerk asks me if I enjoyed my stay, so when I tell her about my impressions, she just tells me that she can't do anything about the previous evening clerk's answers to my concerns about the elevator because it was her last shift, and about the rest well that's just to bad! So when I tell her I could have expected cold showers, lack of parking, cheap breakfast, lack of housekeeping & elevator problems from a $65/night room, but not from a $145/night, she makes sure to note that that is the price with tax... well, that's still what I'm paying!

So over all, no, I won't go back to Motel Deville, as they are not geared toward curtomer satisfaction, but rather sign you credit card payment upon arrival, then we don't care... but we do take notes & will charge you extra if the housekeeper doesn't find your 2 glasses in your room! Weither it's a staffing problem or an overall problem, I'm not sure, but I do know that I will not go there again.

• Stayed January 2011
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NBH1970
centredeville, Propriétaire at Deville Centre Hotelier, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
We are acknowledging receipt of your comments about your unpleasant last stay here. We would like to present our apologies for the inconvenience. Please be advised that customer satisfaction is our priority. Your comments are also appreciated and helped us improve. That is why we have started significant renovations which will allow us to offer, starting in June. a breakfast area for a more complete continental breakfast. We also plan to improve, on our engineers advice, the hot water distribution. As far as the parking goes, we hate 130 places including an underground garage and a parking lot which is located on the other side of the road. Visitors which are not necessarily hotel clients are freely using our parking spaces. This is difficult to control for all downtown store owners.
Furthermore, we met with the employee in charge of room cleaning along with the union representative in order to explain the problems and actions were taken to correct the situation.
Again we extend our apologies and please accept our very best regards.
Alain Courchesne