“Great getaway from city life.”

Riverside Resort & Campground
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Qualicum Beach
Vancouver, Canada
“Great getaway from city life.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

The unit was terrific. I felt like home and it was nice and peaceful. The staff and management were very nice. Great rates. Going to come back during the summer with my family and friends, especially when the mini golf course and water slide open

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank brianintrax

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Freeland (Seattle) WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

we were looking for a place to stay with the kids and just have some laid back summer fun. this was the ticket. there hotel owners were very nice and got us in right away. they let us park our tent camper out front without any issues. the resort had a pool and mini golf which was great. plus in the main building there were several arcade machines that kept the boys busy. our days were spent at the little pool with the slide and the boys had a blast riding the water slide and swimming, on school days the pool doubled as a holding pen for after schoolers - quite crowded. not so on weekends. overall a fun relaxing stay. the condo unit was quite clean and the bedrooms were upstairs with the kitchen and small living rm downstairs. a charming trip overall and a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

Our family of 4 and 2 dogs stayed at this resort for a week in June and found it the most pleasant relaxing holiday we have had. Actually my daughter and i stayed here in 2009, and had the same great experience, so we made it an annual trip. The staff at this resort are so friendly and helpful, it made your stay even more pleasant. It was really re-assuring to know and trust, that when you went away on a day trip, you had a wonderful place to come home too. It was very clean, the grounds are very well kept, it has a great family atmosphere.
I found the store to be well stocked with anything we needed, and again the staff were very helpful. The fact that we could bring our dogs and have no hassle was truly great, I think they loved it as much as we did.
As stated before we will be making this an annual vacation, as you can not find a better place for a family to stay and have some great quality time together, whether it be taking little road trips, or just walking to the beach, I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

It was a decent camping site by the river but there were tons of weeds separating us from the river. The miniature golf looked really fun, but they weren't open. The slide also looked cool, but it wasn't open either. Maybe it was too early in the season? The playground was really nice for the kids. The beaches around there were horribly rocky and buggy. We won't be back to this campground again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank KatherineNoel
fort frances ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

my wife and I travelled for the first time from Fort Frances, Ontario in our recently purchased RV to vancouver Island and specifically to Qualicum Beach where our son resides. We found the owner of Riverside Resort Andrew very friendlly and personable along with his staff Leo and Deb . We found the resort very nice , tidy and quiet and for being first time RVers we certainly were impressed overall. Actually we stayed in many RV parks on our way to and from Qualicum and we rate Riverside as one of the best if not the best of all of them.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2009

My daughter and I and our 2 dogs stayed at this resort in June 2009 and had the best time there. There was plenty to do, water slides, mini golf, and most of all so close to the beach, we could walk for 10 minutes and enjoy the lovely view and sit in the sun. We also loved the fact that we could drive for 10 minutes into Qualicum, buy our groceries and come back to make our meals. It was like having a mini apartment, so much more than "cabins" The staff were all excellent and pleasant to deal with, never had a hassle with anything. The store at the office was well stocked and the people that stay there year round are very nice, it's like a family atmosphere.
As we are not ones for the" Night life', we can not comment on that nor any of the many resteraunts around as we cooked ourselves. I did not hear any complaints from any of the campers or visitors in our time there.
We loved the place so much that we have decided to make it an annual trip and have already reserved for next year, and plan on reserving for every year. One of the best places we have ever stayed in, and we would like to thank Riverside for making our mother daughter trip so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2009
Parksville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

I was stranded for a place to stay (that allowed pets) looking on the net and elsewere the only place that was affordable was the Riverside. I have a 1 bedroom for myself and my cat, the office and cleaning staff are wonderful I can't say enough about them. I came home from work to find a note in my door requesting I attend the Christmas get-together that the office and seasonal people have every year, being by myself it restored my Christmas spirit. The friendly faces that I see while dealing with the office for mail, groceries ,laundry ect...... is a pleasant part of my daily routine.
The Riverside Resort is more than just a place to stay it is like coming home!
I would highly recommend the Riverside Resort to anyone!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
0.8 km away
Buena Vista by the Sea
Buena Vista by the Sea
#4 of 10 in Qualicum Beach

Been to Riverside Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!