“A fun experience”

4-Hour Vertical Cave Challenge in Horne Lake
US$35.73*
2-Hour Outdoor Rock Rappel Training in Horne Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out the Vancouver Island Underworld! Open year round for exploration above and below ground. Tours range from easy family tours all the way to the "Underground Extreme" where explorers rappel down a seven-storey waterfall! Or try the "3 hr. "Wet & Wild" Spelunking Adventure. Next door to the Horne Lake Campground where visitors will find lakefront campsites, canoe & kayak rentals, free parking & picnic area, boat launch and even camping in a teepee!
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A fun experience”
Reviewed 22 February 2017

The caves are a treat. Something different to explore. You can go on your own* with helmet an light which you can rent, or you can go on a tour or two. We heard the spelunking is great fun

Visited August 2016

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Family Fun!”
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We did the 3-hour Wet & Wild Tour, and it was really great. Our group ranged from age 20 - 55, and if there were some tough spaces, we had alternative routes. But we all stepped out of our comfort zone and did just great. Our guide was very careful and encouraging and his knowledge of cave history was very interesting.
Last bit of road to caves was pretty slow...give yourself a good 40 minutes from Qualicum Beach.
We highly recommend this tour for a fun family outing! Oh, great for younger kids, too!

Visited February 2017
1 Thank BluebirdMJ
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of our summer!”
Reviewed 30 January 2017

My partner and I went on the 4 hour tour, our first caving experiencing, and it was amazing. I never thought BC had such an extensive cave system. We're 57 and 61, pretty fit, but not rock climbers, and this trip was well within our ability. Our guide was very competent and we felt safe the entire time. We learned a lot about the karst ecosystem. I know it's very delicate and easy to damage, so I washed our gloves and rain gear before the trip so we wouldn't "contaminate" the caves with various soil micro-organisms. It was a truly memorable experience and we raved about it to all our friends.

Visited August 2016
2 Thank NIce2BHere
Surrey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing family fun!”
Reviewed 22 January 2017

We have been there twice and taken friends as well. This is an amazing adventure for either a short trip or the long tour. Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for something different and awesome!

Visited December 2016
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Woah moments around every corner!”
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Horne Lake was my first caving experience and what an eye opener it was! There is so much unique beauty hidden in those caves! Our guide was extremely passionate and eager to share his knowledge about the secrets of each of the three caves we visited. Main cave was our first stop, it began with a slightly narrow entrance, but the guide’s positive energy was just the confidence boost I needed to spur me on and I am glad I didn't turn back. After just a few sideways steps thankfully things opened up wider and I was soon so swept up by our intriguing surroundings that I forgot to be claustrophobic any longer. I was glad I rented rubber boots, because at this time of year there is water flowing along the floor of the cave. I think my favourite highlight of the whole tour was the three six foot climbs up a waterfall! The next two caves were even more impressive with strange shaped crystal formations everywhere we looked. I would definitely recommend this to any family. My son absolutely loved every minute of it and from the sounds of it he is hooked on caves. I think I might be as well!

Visited January 2017