“For classic car fans, Gaey's Bistro is home-away-from-home!”
Review of Gary's Bistro

Gary's Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Gary's Bistro in Qualicum Beach does a great job in matching up a casual atmosphere in a classic car setting, along with terrific food choices and exemplary service.

Gary's provides a relaxing environment with catchy old car photographs and logos on display, and features a classic 1964 Ford Thunderbird mounted on the wall. That theme decor sets the stage for a truly relaxing and memory-filled dining experience!
As we are all advised to eat more seafood for heart-health and overall wellness, Gary's Bistro delivers is spades. On my most recent visit I thoroughly enjoyed a lightly-battered filet of cod, something I have rarely raved about in the past. The flavour and the texture were perfect, along with delicious coleslaw and tasty tartar sauce. And the chips were first-class! All this was served with promptness and friendliness

So if you're a classic car nut and a fan of dining out, you'll love Gary's Bistro in Qualicum Beach, BC. It really puts you in the groove!
JR

Reviewed 11 January 2012

Usually very good food, simple, reasonably priced. Nice to sit by the fire in the winter. Good hot breakfasts.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Went there once, late for lunch and the waitress was so rude that we didn't tip and didn't go back. Love Qualicum, don't like the service in the restaurants.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Garys is me and my husbands favorite place up and down the island...
The friendly staff,the owner who always makes you feel welcome.Big hug and always takes time to chat with us. great food and a welcome every time you walk in,we both recommend
Any one who has not visited this gem in qualicum beach ..You don't know what your missing.
All we know for sure is he has been in this bussiness for almost 30 years and it shows.
Thank you Gary ,your staff and family for making us feel special every time when dine with you..Happy New year to you ,family and staff ..The Davies

Reviewed 27 December 2011

I have gone here three times and will only keep it at that. I want to love this place and try to enjoy it however there is something suspicious about the food as I have been sick each time. Lots and Lots of food for a fair price but I keep feeling like things are a bit dirty behind the kitchen. If I could not be sick jsut once I would enjoy the food . The menu has TOO many choices and the decor should be lightened up if it has that 50's diner look . The interior should grab on to the old vintage car feel and get rid of the dark brown 70'2 look. Choose one or the other and clean up the food and Voila!