All reviewsfront deskexcellent stayrooms are cleanangelamotel
Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for awhile on business. The rooms are very well appointed and recently upgraded. Very comfy beds with great pillows. The bathrooms are good with nice soaker tubs. Excellent friendly staff that are always helpful. There is a restaurant and lounge on site making this very convenient. Certainly worth the stay.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Marlene365, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Dear Don R, Thank you for the great review and for your business. We are constantly investing in and updating our hotel to ensure a positive guest experience. We are pleased to hear you liked the room and all the comforts it offers. The convenience of an on site restaurant is a feature many of our visitors appreciate. Without question our #1 asset is our people, they are the difference makers and continue to amaze me with their caring nature. We hope to have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

Two queen room facing grassy courtyard is pet-friendly and clean although the view is the rooms across the yard. Good overhead lighting in room is appreciated. Large desk with outlet and writing lamp. Heat/ AC works well. Micro bar fridge and microwave, kettle are all appreciated and work. Keurig coffee maker NOT eco-friendly as this hotel claims to be.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Marlene365, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Dear IndigoRose9, Thank you for the review of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and all the amenities we offer. Although we have Keurig® coffee stations, we do participate in other recognized eco friendly practices. We have taken significant steps to reduce our environmental impact through reduced utility consumption and employee training. Thank you for staying with us - we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

When I booked it I did not know what to expect but upon arriving I found it to be quite a nice place. The front receptionist Angela was super nice and helpful. The hotel inside is very nice looking and exceptionally clean. I checked in around 8pm and there was complimentary coffee and fruit at the front desk but chose not to have any. Nice touch. The room was big and nice furniture and it was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and pillows were great. I was given a coupon for a choice of 3 different kinds of full breakfasts.
My issues were that I am on a long road trip and would of liked to have gotten back on the road very early so I was hoping to eat at 6am. The coupon said breakfast was at 7, however when I went to the front desk they said it opens at 8. So that set my long day back. They did have complimentary coffee at the front desk but no cream or milk they only had coffee mate so I drank it black. Not knowing the area I parked my truck in front of the reception and my room was down the end of the side of the building. I could go through the hotel or outside to get to my room. I pulled my truck up to my room outside thinking of loading my suitcase that way only to find out neither of the cards worked on the outside door so I had to go all the way back through the building. But being farther from the road it was dead quiet at night.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Marlene365, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Dear Ingrid L, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is greatly appreciated! We are happy to know you liked your room and the bed was very comfortable along with our amazing pillows. We do also offer a Grab & Go breakfast for those who like to get on the road early. There should have been creamers at the coffee station - even French Vanilla flavored :) Our front desk could have happily fetched you some milk or creamers for your morning coffee. We are sorry to hear about the issue with the lock on the outside door - perhaps the night lock had been left on which would restrict any access. We are pleased to hear that the room was very clean and quiet. Thank you for the compliment about Angela - she will be thrilled to know her great customer service skills were noticed. Thank you also for staying with us - we hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

I enjoyed my Stay. I had looked at the reviews before going and they were pretty good or I wouldn't have chosen it in the first place. However I was still impressed by the friendliness and cleanliness of the place.

I was also impressed when I checked in, i ask for a room away from the busy road and there was no problem but it was nice that the front desk person alerted me to some painting they were doing and asked if I wanted to make sure the room was away from that. Also she did mention upfront that they had some issues in last while with their wifi provider but it should be work and to just let them know if it wasn't or call direct - I had no issues and it was nice and pleasantly speedy.

I found the location pretty good. Lots of choices for food places nearby and a small mall only a couple blocks away. Breakfast was included and involved some hot selections from their restaurant menu.

It was Quiet, Clean, Good Wifi and Decently Priced - my favorite four options!

Room Tip: Further back away from the busy road is always a good idea.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Marlene365, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Dear Kelly P, Thank you for taking the time to share a review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate knowing how you chose our hotel and what made your stay enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back again on your next "couple day get-a-way" or any other reason that brings you to Lloydminster! Thanks for staying with us.
Best Regards,
Marlene Neuamann

Reviewed June 14, 2016

I stayed here a couple of years ago while on a visit to Lloydminster and had a nice experience so I thought I would stay here again. The price was right at under $100. I checked in and went to my room but the room cards wouldn't open the door. A trip back to reception and a reprogram of the keys and I was good to go. The staff was pleasant and I was able to park close to my room door. But seeing as how there was only one other vehicle parked on that side of the building I guess that wasn't that impressive of a feat.
The room was nice with lots of room, a nice TV, desk, coffee maker, fridge and anything else i could need. It was clean and well stocked. The only thing I found wrong was that it was loud and I could hear a lot of hiway noise, I didn't recall that from my last stay. I'm guessing a large part of it was that there were nearly no other vehicles in the parking lot to block any noise and the last time I was on the second floor on the other side of the building.
I would stay again, but maybe ask for the second floor or closer to the alley. I guess you can't blame the hotel for the slow economy and empty parking lot.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the hiway for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Marlene365, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Dear Brent M, Thank you for the review. We are glad you liked the room and the amenities we offer. Please don't hesitate to request a room farther back from the highway the next time you come our way. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again!
Best Regards,