“Days Inn LLoydminster” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster

Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I occasionally travel for business to Lloydminster and have been staying at this hotel for several years. During this time, it has changed management and ownership. Although the location and rates are generally good, and the rooms themselves are also good, I have had a lingering complaint. That is the smell of smoke in the rooms I have had. In past, I have asked to move to another room, and sometimes the smell is just as bad or worse. Although these are supposed to be non-smoking rooms, the ventilation seems to circulate stale smoke throughout the non-smoking section. On one occasion, the people in the adjoining "non-smoking" room completely disregarded the rules and were smoking heavily most of the evening I stayed there. If the smell is not too bad, I will just keep the room because I do not want to be seen as a problem guest. However, on my last visit I mentioned this problem to the front desk as I was checking out. The two ladies there were very sympathetic to my concerns and mentioned that they had heard this before. I said that because of this problem, I was unlikely to return to this hotel. Then then took it upon themselves to find a solution that would fix the problem. They said the next time I booked a room, they would have me stay in an upgraded room away from the rooms I stayed in previously at the same rate. I said I would appreciate that and would stay at this hotel on my next trip to Lloydminster. Many thanks to both Regine and Rebecca for their assistance in ensuring my next stay will be pleasant and smoke free.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a non-smoking room and be sure that you get a room that does not have a stale smo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher W, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
"GJDEdm", thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay at the Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster,
Firstly I want to apologize for the stale smoke smell you experienced when staying in our non-smoking rooms. This matter has been addressed in our planned renovations for Spring of 2014 we are going to be a Smoke Free Hotel. In this planned renovation we are going to be replacing the wallpaper/paint, carpets, furniture and drapes. This will eliminate all traces of any lingering smoke scent.
Secondly, we do not tolerate those who break the rules of smoking in a non smoking room in the matter that you described. I do hope that you informed the desk of the adjoining room so that they would have been dealt with accordingly.
I am pleased to see that Regine and Rebecca went above and beyond to ensure that your next stay with us will be very pleasant. I will be sure to commend them and show the entire Front Desk Team of the great example that they exemplified.

Thank you for continue loyalty and we look forward to see you again in the near future.

Regards,
Christopher
Travellers also viewed these Lloydminster hotels
3.1 km away
0.4 km away
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#6 of 14 in Lloydminster

Been to Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster

Property: Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster
Address: 5411 44 St, Lloydminster, Alberta T9V 0A9, Canada (Formerly Wayside Inn & Suites)
Region: Canada > Alberta > Lloydminster
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Lloydminster
Hotel Class:3 star — Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster 3*
Centrally located, full service hotel. in door pool, fitness facility. On site restaurant and lounge. Meeting facilities catering to large groups, weddings, sports teams. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca so you can book your Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Wayside Hotel Lloydminster