“Tastes as Great as it Smells!”

On The Border Bakeshop
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Lloydminster
Price range: US$2 - US$84
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Friendly, expert service here. This is not a restaurant, just a great place to buy baked goods - especially sweet ones.

There are delicious treats to buy off the shelf, but we have also ordered "to go" for a special occasion. The order was executed flawlessly - looked great, and tasted great! Even gluten free options, very well done. Recommended!

Reviewed July 25, 2018

When I entered the little bakery, I was struck by how friendly and welcoming the staff were. Eager, genuine smiles greeted me.

There weren't a whole host of flavours to choose from, in regards to the cupcakes, but I probably came at a bad time (later in the day) when maybe they'd sold out of a lot of their flavours. Either that or perhaps you have to order in advance? Not sure. But I was glad that my wife's favourite is plain vanilla cupcakes, because they had some of those. I grabbed her a vanilla cupcake and for myself I was drawn to these key lime cupcakes they had. I can't say I've ever had a key lime cupcake before! I had to give it a good look because I thought surely it was a mini cheesecake, but nope, it was a cupcake!

I also grabbed my wife some peanut butter balls, which looked fantastic (I hate peanut butter though, but they did look good).

I drove down the street and tucked into my key lime cupcake because I just had to try it to see what it tasted like. And wow, it was delicious. A delicate, green-coloured, buttery cupcake topped with cool and refreshing whipped cream, with a generous dollop of sour lime filling on top. SO delicious. Seriously, words can't describe. I think for my birthday later this year I could TOTALLY try and see if they would make me a full-sized key lime cake. It was stunning. And such a unique flavour I hadn't tried before.

My sister is a celebrity baker in London, England, and makes stunning key lime tarts. I miss those tarts, and I think these cupcakes at On The Border Bakeshop might be my new lime favourite!!!

The price was spot-on, given the outstanding quality. Very reasonable.

One note I would add: I picked up the cupcake and peanut butter balls for my wife, as a small surprise anniversary gift. The box they pack the cupcakes into are just standard polystyrene take-out containers. So when I left with the cupcakes I headed straight to the nearby dollar store and bought a nice cupcake-sized gift box to put it in. A little more presentable! Just thought I'd mention that in case others are planning to get cupcakes/baked goods from here as gifts. Be prepared to provide your own box :)

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

The staff is always so friendly every time I go in, and their treats are super yummy. If I wasn’t trying to watch my waistline I’d probably be in for their delicious cinnamon rolls and cupcakes every week.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

The enthusiasm of the employee we encountered was refreshing. So many choices and were they ever good choices! The employee we dealt with was fun and knew his products. Got a punch card for our purchase so we will definitely be returning as not only was the service factor great, the choices and the cupcakes we purchased - everything was fantastic. Definitely told the friends about this place.

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

I used this bakery many times but the chocolate cheesecake with chocolate cake was unbelievable. So delicious, rich and a perfect end to a great party. Can see it sitting on shelf.