Mystic Isle Motel(Wawa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$90
Agoda.com
US$183
Orbitz.com
All reviewslog cabinfront desk staffmain buildingtim hortonsgeneral store across the streetnice place to visitconvenient locationdecent sizegas stationsnowmobile tripon site restaurantwood stovesteak sandwichroom was largeliving roomthunder bayrooms are clean and comfortable
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The food is terrible, whoever is running the resturant/kitchen needs to be fired along with all of the resturant/kitchen staff.
Disgusting, I was so disgusted I nearly puked.
Flat ware dirty, glasses filthy, tables and table cloths disgusting.
WARNING: Do Not eat anything at the resturant.
Please, someone from the health and safety close this kitchen down and start again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank disgusted-patron
Reviewed April 26, 2011

After ten hours on the road my best friend and I were looking for a comfortable, clean place to stay off the Trans-Canada highway, and were happily surprised by the Wawa Motor Inn. We arrived after 9PM and there was a log village room available at a reasonable price. The check-in receptionist was kind and advised that if we were hungry we should go to their restaurant before they were closing at 10PM. We ordered mozzarella sticks and chicken Caesar salads which came out quickly and we thoroughly enjoyed!

We found the room to be exceptionally clean, cozy and had everything a weary traveler required. Additionally the curtains were dark and allowed for us to sleep in a bit in the morning which was certainly welcomed! In addition, my best friend is an avid cyclist and was very impressed that they even offered bike cleaning cloths for anyone who might need it (though this trip we did not!).

Though it is unlikely that our travels will bring us back through Wawa in the near future, we will be delighted to recommend this location to our family and friends who may be travelling through!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank TransCanadaTourist
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Picturesque, clean much needed piece of heaven for the road weary. What a pleasant surprise that didn't fleece our pocket book.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank maanii
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I have visited the Wawa Motor Inn many times, on many trips to Wawa, and I have to say that lately I have become disappointed with this hotel.

The rooms are still clean and comfortable and a decent place to get a night's sleep (and the log cabins are very nice for small groups), but the service level has been sliding for a few months now.

The front desk staff have become less helpful to wayward travellers. Though not outright rude, the people I have dealt with this stay were condescending to me when I showed up early (not by my choice). I know I was early. I was simply inquiring if a room was available yet. Muttering something about "Check in is at 2" behind my back as I walk away is not necessary.

The restaurant however is taking a downward slide. I understand there was a recent change of management. The food was good before. Not spectacular, but good. Now it has slid to a smaller menu with food that is pricier at lower quality. The wait staff also has gotten grumpier and slower than before. (There was one pleasant one that I was very happy to deal with, but most of them seem less than happy to be there.)

Overall I will probably still stay again, as it is still the cleanest and most comfortable place in Wawa, but I certainly hope the service slide does not continue.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank masterofflight
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed one night during a two-week bicycle trip around Lake Superior. We arrived at Wawa after one of our shorter days and took advantage of extra time by roaming into Wawa. The motel is on the near edge of town, but it really doesn't matter as there isn't much in town to be honest.

Our room was a bit worn and at least soon to be out of date, although in an inoffensive, not really bold anyway kind of way. We really didn't mind as our room criteria revolved around whether there was room for two bikes, and our room was fantabulous in that regard. Bathroom and shower were nicer than others on our trip - wow, we even had a hair dryer in the room!

We ate dinner at the restaurant on the premises. The dining room is pretty interesting given the huge rock fireplace and timber-frame roof structure. The food was in the "not to bad" category. My steak was actually done properly and hinted of dry aging, so I consider that pretty good for motel fare.

All in all, I think this place was fine and if you don't need to be pampered or among the tourist-elite, this place will do the trick.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple