All reviewslog cabinfront desk staffcontinental breakfastmain buildingtim hortonsno reservationgeneral store across the streetnice place to visitconvenient locationplenty of hot watereasy accesshard boiled eggsgas stationsnowmobile tripon site restaurantliving roommaintained property
Reviewed August 5, 2016

We were a group of friends on motorcycles requiring 9 rooms and were pre-booked months ahead. We arrived Saturday afternoon about 3:45pm (with check-in supposed to be 4pm). They only had a couple of rooms ready for check-in. Most of our group couldn't get into their rooms until after 5pm with 4 rooms becoming available between 5:30 and 6pm. NOT ACCEPTABLE. Several times one of us went to inquire about the delay and the desk clerk would assure us it was only a matter of moments. It never was. The rooms were overpriced - but your choices are very limited. The carpet was old and stained and the room showed signs of wear and tear that should have been looked after but obviously weren't. We had dinner in the restaurant and although the food was okay, the service was slow, In the future I will bypass the town and travel a couple of miles south to the White Fang Motel where my wife reminded me, we have stayed before and had a MUCH better experience (there is even an excellent restaurant on the other side of the highway).

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2016

This is biggest motel in the area and I can't understand why it is not listed as a motel. Picture very misleading. Desk person was nice enough( and was honest enough to warn us that the downtown area was very depressing) but place looked a little shoddy. Room was fairly clean but had a funny smell. Mattress felt OK at first but my back hurt in the morning. Buffet breakfast was very sparse and short on the protein.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

Based on the reviews, this wasn't at all what I expected. Then room was dingy, smelled strongly like stale cigarettes, carpets were stained and the bed covers had not been cleaned. I asked for a room change the second room was the same. I wouldn't recommend at all.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn L
Reviewed August 2, 2016

The staff at both the front desk and cleaning were VERY nice. We arrived at 4:30pm and we were told the rooms were not clean. So we left and went exploring. We went to Silver Falls, and Magpie falls. Then to Mona's Burger Hut, for supper. A total of 3 hrs had passed and when we got back, We stood in line for 30-45 min. The cleaning staff was still working on rooms. They were VERY VERY nice. I feel bad for them being so understaffed. I was told it is because nobody in the town wants to work. The jobs are available. So PLEASE be patient with the staff, they are doing the best they can. And enjoy your stay in WAWA.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

We came in off the highway after driving our motorcycle in the rain for the better part of an hour. We were early, about 1:30 pm, and were told we had to wait for a room. That was fine, so we ate at the onsite restaurant. Food was good, the service really slow despite the fact that there were only two tables occupied in the room. We we t back to the lobby to wait for a room, and were annoyed that other travellers coming in off the road without a reservation were getting rooms before us. A discussion with the desk clerk soon remedied that situation. The room was fine, fridge, king bed, standard hotel bathroom, but it had a door directly to the parking lot which made it easier to bring in our bags. The continental breakfast in the morning was fine.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple