“Great service, night, and breakfast! ”
Review of Wawa Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
Wawa Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

There are other places to stay in town or close by, we have stayed at others before, but we are glad we stayed here this time. We were very pleased with our room.

It is dated for sure, but it was clean, fresh, and exceptionally spacious. We booked well in advance, and with the issues we had with my bike that day, we did not arrive until 2:30am. We were so glad we booked months in advance. Our guaranteed room was a wonderful feeling to have at that hour. They looked full when we got there we saw others sleeping in tbeir truck! We were cold and tired with no seat to sleep in. Whew!
Our pre booking went well, we had immediate responses regarding our request and reservations made in advance and it paid off. Everything was exactly as we expected and requested. Our room was very spacious, very clean, and comfortable. We would stay again.

Breakfast was really good, they offered hot and cold items. A really nice touch was the most delicious, moist, fresh, homemade muffins. So many people were commenting on them!
I did ask where did these come from and I was told they make them right there. Delicious! Most times they are stale bought mini muffins.
I don't know what other peoples problems were with. Staff was friendly with us and helpful. We didn't have any problems. We have no problems at all recommending this place.

FYI: Tim Hortons is within walking distance. We walked there after 2 30.am and we had a hot bite to eat and a hot coffee.... very nice! Tims offered a more extensive menu at that hour then most! Maybe drive though in the later hours. We would next time...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2016

The area around Wawa is amazing. Lots of picturesque locations and beautiful landscapes. Great swimming in Lake Superior.

On to the hotel.

The rooms are about average for a motel. Relatively clean and in good condition.

Where this hotel loses marks is my coworker and I had probably the worst customer service either of us have either received.

We showed up at about 4pm after driving from Timmins. We go to the hotel and are greeted with some kind of mumble from the guy at the front desk that looks annoyed to see us. He tells us we need to come back at 6 as that is check in time. Fair enough although I've never stayed anywhere that had such a late check in time.

We show up at 6:30pm. There is a line to the door from the desk. About 15 people. We wait in line for about 30 minutes. The guy at the desk is not friendly to anyone. My coworker gets up ahead of me. Guy acts like he hasn't seen either of us before even though we were just there. It takes about 5-10 minutes of this guy sorting through 3 different stacks of paper, a filing cabinet or something, and then on the computer. Finally coworker is checked in. I go up. He tells me my room isn't ready yet. We need to come back later. No apology. He almost seems annoyed that I want a room.

We give up and go for dinner. Return at 7:30pm. I go in. Still a line. About 6 people. Guy at the desk turns them all away because they are full. Seems annoyed they are there. At least they get a, "Sorry about that." He did refer them to some hotels down the road, so at least there's that.

I get up and again, he acts like he has no idea who I am or what I want. I say I want to check in and he goes through his papers again, gets on the radio to check if the room is ready. Luckily it is this time. I get a room.

When we checked out the lady was much more friendly. She had people skills and customer service skills the other guy lacked.

One thing worth mentioning is that the Internet at the hotel was very fast and easy to get onto. That's a bonus at some remote hotels.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We were a group of friends on motorcycles requiring 9 rooms and were pre-booked months ahead. We arrived Saturday afternoon about 3:45pm (with check-in supposed to be 4pm). They only had a couple of rooms ready for check-in. Most of our group couldn't get into their rooms until after 5pm with 4 rooms becoming available between 5:30 and 6pm. NOT ACCEPTABLE. Several times one of us went to inquire about the delay and the desk clerk would assure us it was only a matter of moments. It never was. The rooms were overpriced - but your choices are very limited. The carpet was old and stained and the room showed signs of wear and tear that should have been looked after but obviously weren't. We had dinner in the restaurant and although the food was okay, the service was slow, In the future I will bypass the town and travel a couple of miles south to the White Fang Motel where my wife reminded me, we have stayed before and had a MUCH better experience (there is even an excellent restaurant on the other side of the highway).

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2016

This is biggest motel in the area and I can't understand why it is not listed as a motel. Picture very misleading. Desk person was nice enough( and was honest enough to warn us that the downtown area was very depressing) but place looked a little shoddy. Room was fairly clean but had a funny smell. Mattress felt OK at first but my back hurt in the morning. Buffet breakfast was very sparse and short on the protein.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Based on the reviews, this wasn't at all what I expected. Then room was dingy, smelled strongly like stale cigarettes, carpets were stained and the bed covers had not been cleaned. I asked for a room change the second room was the same. I wouldn't recommend at all.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn L
Reviewed 2 August 2016

The staff at both the front desk and cleaning were VERY nice. We arrived at 4:30pm and we were told the rooms were not clean. So we left and went exploring. We went to Silver Falls, and Magpie falls. Then to Mona's Burger Hut, for supper. A total of 3 hrs had passed and when we got back, We stood in line for 30-45 min. The cleaning staff was still working on rooms. They were VERY VERY nice. I feel bad for them being so understaffed. I was told it is because nobody in the town wants to work. The jobs are available. So PLEASE be patient with the staff, they are doing the best they can. And enjoy your stay in WAWA.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We came in off the highway after driving our motorcycle in the rain for the better part of an hour. We were early, about 1:30 pm, and were told we had to wait for a room. That was fine, so we ate at the onsite restaurant. Food was good, the service really slow despite the fact that there were only two tables occupied in the room. We we t back to the lobby to wait for a room, and were annoyed that other travellers coming in off the road without a reservation were getting rooms before us. A discussion with the desk clerk soon remedied that situation. The room was fine, fridge, king bed, standard hotel bathroom, but it had a door directly to the parking lot which made it easier to bring in our bags. The continental breakfast in the morning was fine.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple