All reviews log cabin front desk staff continental breakfast main building tim hortons no reservation general store across the street nice place to visit convenient location plenty of hot water hard boiled eggs easy access gas station snowmobile trip on site restaurant living room maintained property
Reviewed September 19, 2016

We stayed here twice enroute to Thunder Bay. First time in the upper level rooms which were fine. Second time in the lower cabins, nicer view, a little rustic but clean, comfortable and spacious. All in all, a comfortable place tax a normal price. Lots of money has been spent lately to upgrade this facility. Not many choices in Wawa, and this is probably one of the better ones.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2016

My husband and kids were tired from driving and had stopped in Wawa to look for a motel room. We were lucky enough to get the last room at this motel. We were tired and it was late. The room was clean and we were glad the tim hortons nearby was open 24 hours. The free breakfast was good. The room was a little pricey. For the amount we paid, we couldve stayed in a nice hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2016

I've stayed several times. log cabin rooms are a cool novelty but get tiring week after week. They tend to be a bit dark inside. Rooms on top of the hill are recently renovated and are brighter and thus appear cleaner. Up top or down in the cabins, I always get one with old mattresses. Beds need to be changed and upgraded to something with a pillow top.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Weary Hwy 17 travelers...beware. You have got to stay here ! I drove in at 1am, tired, 3 kids in tow. The night desk lady is simply a breath of fresh air. Checked in less than 5 min. Accommodations clean, comfy bed. Morning breakfast includes, fresh coffee or tea, juices, bagels, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit. In a slow cooker tucked in at the left side are warm hard boiled eggs..all inclusive. Thank you for saving me from sleeping in a parking lot with my kids.bForever grateful, I will not forget. :)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

There are other places to stay in town or close by, we have stayed at others before, but we are glad we stayed here this time. We were very pleased with our room.

It is dated for sure, but it was clean, fresh, and exceptionally spacious. We booked well in advance, and with the issues we had with my bike that day, we did not arrive until 2:30am. We were so glad we booked months in advance. Our guaranteed room was a wonderful feeling to have at that hour. They looked full when we got there we saw others sleeping in tbeir truck! We were cold and tired with no seat to sleep in. Whew!
Our pre booking went well, we had immediate responses regarding our request and reservations made in advance and it paid off. Everything was exactly as we expected and requested. Our room was very spacious, very clean, and comfortable. We would stay again.

Breakfast was really good, they offered hot and cold items. A really nice touch was the most delicious, moist, fresh, homemade muffins. So many people were commenting on them!
I did ask where did these come from and I was told they make them right there. Delicious! Most times they are stale bought mini muffins.
I don't know what other peoples problems were with. Staff was friendly with us and helpful. We didn't have any problems. We have no problems at all recommending this place.

FYI: Tim Hortons is within walking distance. We walked there after 2 30.am and we had a hot bite to eat and a hot coffee.... very nice! Tims offered a more extensive menu at that hour then most! Maybe drive though in the later hours. We would next time...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple