All reviews log cabin continental breakfast front desk staff main building tim hortons convenient location plenty of hot water hard boiled eggs gas station snowmobile trip easy access on site restaurant living room thunder bay room was large general store full kitchen
Reviewed September 30, 2017

We were doing the Lake Superior circuit and didn't have advance reservations. Bad idea! Most places were fully booked in September. I think we got the last available room in Wawa. It was very nice in their Log Village. Modest, but clean and very quiet. We had a back door out to a grassy area with view of trees and a lake. Very reasonable price.

Room tip: Ask for the Log Village - its' quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2017

We had stopped here on the weekend and I am kind of shocked by the generous reviews this motel is getting. First off our room was VERY clean. But wholly outdated, I havent seen furniture like that for 30-40 years! So lets call it clean-vintage. The diningroom structure itself was very impressive, the food at supper was ok, the food at the breakfast was not so good. We got there rather late so missed all of the views people are commenting on I guess. I would suggest you go into this motel with very low expectations and then you will be impressed by the cleanliness and diningroom.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I used to really appreciate this stop along the highway...and the opportunity to relax with a drink in their lively lounge after a long day of work. I'm mot sure why such a nice lounge would get closed. It might alter my future travel plans. As far as the motel - it's as good as it gets in Wawa I suppose. My biggest complaint would be that the bathroom fans are extremely noisy....and you don't have a choice to put on the light without the fan. Beds could really be replaced too.....nice to see at least they've replaced some of the tv's.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Traveling around Lake Superior we stopped here. We got the last available room. The room was clean and quite large. We had a door out to a beautiful view of the inland lake. To be honest, there's not much happening in WaWa and this looked like the best place to stay. It was quiet and had a good breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Earlier this summer, draft beer was removed from the Bar......weird but not a deal breaker

Now the Lounge has been closed so there are is no Bar, no big Screen TV showing sports only a restaurant on the other side, a big drop in service availability in my opinion......their Website has not been updated to reflect this change.

I will be spending my accommodation dollars elsewhere

Too bad as it was a good place to stay

Date of stay: August 2017