All reviewslog cabinfront desk staffcontinental breakfastmain buildingtim hortonsno reservationgeneral store across the streetnice place to visitconvenient locationplenty of hot watereasy accesshard boiled eggsgas stationsnowmobile tripon site restaurantliving roommaintained property
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Always book in advance when traveling through this part of Ontario. Very few accommodations available though the towns. Our stay here was good. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a great night sleep and it was very quiet. Convenient to have a restaurant on the same property. Located close to the famous Goose! Be sure to visit Young's General Store across the street!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Would be much better if lounge re-opened as it is nice to play a time of pool and watch sports to relax a bit after a long day .. lounge must be re-opened before winter with all the tourism coming with the winter season... smarten up.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ron O, Manager at Wawa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Due to the community wide staffing shortage the Wawa Motor Inn has closed the Fireside Lounge. Without adequate staff we were not able to provide the high standard of customer service our customers deserve.
Our friendly wait staff will continue to meet your food and beverage needs in the licensed Fireside Dining Room.
We look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Reviewed September 30, 2017

We were doing the Lake Superior circuit and didn't have advance reservations. Bad idea! Most places were fully booked in September. I think we got the last available room in Wawa. It was very nice in their Log Village. Modest, but clean and very quiet. We had a back door out to a grassy area with view of trees and a lake. Very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for the Log Village - its' quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2017

We had stopped here on the weekend and I am kind of shocked by the generous reviews this motel is getting. First off our room was VERY clean. But wholly outdated, I havent seen furniture like that for 30-40 years! So lets call it clean-vintage. The diningroom structure itself was very impressive, the food at supper was ok, the food at the breakfast was not so good. We got there rather late so missed all of the views people are commenting on I guess. I would suggest you go into this motel with very low expectations and then you will be impressed by the cleanliness and diningroom.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I used to really appreciate this stop along the highway...and the opportunity to relax with a drink in their lively lounge after a long day of work. I'm mot sure why such a nice lounge would get closed. It might alter my future travel plans. As far as the motel - it's as good as it gets in Wawa I suppose. My biggest complaint would be that the bathroom fans are extremely noisy....and you don't have a choice to put on the light without the fan. Beds could really be replaced too.....nice to see at least they've replaced some of the tv's.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business