“Nope.”
Review of Wawa Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
Wawa Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Husband and I were travelling through WaWa and checked out trip advisor to find a place to stay. The management photo on trip advisor implies the hotel has been renovated. I called, and The lady on the phone was absolutely pleasant to chat with, told us a few options and I opted for the room with a jet tub (extra $5, but wow! That's a deal! I could picture hubby and I having a glass of wine and a nice bath before bedtime!) So we gave our credit card to hold a room. We arrived at about 930pm, the front lobby was questionable... again the lady at the desk was super friendly and got us out key and guided us as to where to park. Let me start with the total cost of this room, $135 plus tax... I had some expectations considering nearby places advertised $80. We walked in and I almost died. There were numerous stains throughout the already noticeable aged carpet... the bed looked stiff as f...with thin old looking bedding. The room was dated with a complete mash of dated furniture. There were two pieces that stood out like sore thumbs as they were those embroidered Victorian style cream chairs amongst 70's style desks and bedside tables. The big mirror on the wall had a massive store sticker in the bottom corner that looked like some attempt to remove did happen at some point but was abounded.. (goo gone much?) And the jet tub... dear god. First the bathroom towels were on the floor, like someone tossed in a few folded towels and they fell to the ground. The tub was tiny with, yes, jets, but little peeny (my new word) and had chips throughout the whole tub. Like someone had a shower with spurs on... I looked at my husband, and he knew. I went back to the nice friendly lady at the desk and told her I couldn't do it. She was great about it. I'll give her that. Had the room been like $50, maybe I would have sucked it up. But no. That was gross. And expensive for being so gross. We found a cheaper, nicer and cleaner place just down the road. Maybe they do have some rooms that are reno'd and we got "lucky" with getting the back room... I would definitely ask if you try to book.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The motel was fine but was disapointed that the lounge was closed. The guys and i were hoping to have a place to have a few drinks and watch a game... but no luck the the lounge was closed. They should at least tell you on the site that its not available..... and put something else on other then the weather network in the dining room

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank bill m
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Always book in advance when traveling through this part of Ontario. Very few accommodations available though the towns. Our stay here was good. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a great night sleep and it was very quiet. Convenient to have a restaurant on the same property. Located close to the famous Goose! Be sure to visit Young's General Store across the street!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Would be much better if lounge re-opened as it is nice to play a time of pool and watch sports to relax a bit after a long day .. lounge must be re-opened before winter with all the tourism coming with the winter season... smarten up.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ron O, Manager at Wawa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Due to the community wide staffing shortage the Wawa Motor Inn has closed the Fireside Lounge. Without adequate staff we were not able to provide the high standard of customer service our customers deserve.
Our friendly wait staff will continue to meet your food and beverage needs in the licensed Fireside Dining Room.
We look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We were doing the Lake Superior circuit and didn't have advance reservations. Bad idea! Most places were fully booked in September. I think we got the last available room in Wawa. It was very nice in their Log Village. Modest, but clean and very quiet. We had a back door out to a grassy area with view of trees and a lake. Very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for the Log Village - its' quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had stopped here on the weekend and I am kind of shocked by the generous reviews this motel is getting. First off our room was VERY clean. But wholly outdated, I havent seen furniture like that for 30-40 years! So lets call it clean-vintage. The diningroom structure itself was very impressive, the food at supper was ok, the food at the breakfast was not so good. We got there rather late so missed all of the views people are commenting on I guess. I would suggest you go into this motel with very low expectations and then you will be impressed by the cleanliness and diningroom.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I used to really appreciate this stop along the highway...and the opportunity to relax with a drink in their lively lounge after a long day of work. I'm mot sure why such a nice lounge would get closed. It might alter my future travel plans. As far as the motel - it's as good as it gets in Wawa I suppose. My biggest complaint would be that the bathroom fans are extremely noisy....and you don't have a choice to put on the light without the fan. Beds could really be replaced too.....nice to see at least they've replaced some of the tv's.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business