All reviews log cabin continental breakfast front desk staff main building tim hortons convenient location plenty of hot water hard boiled eggs gas station snowmobile trip easy access on site restaurant living room thunder bay room was large general store full kitchen
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Staff is very friendly and check was in seamless. Room was large, updated, and clean. Breakfast was great, many options to choose from. The restaurant food was fabulous. Overall perfect place to stay.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed December 30, 2017

It was a delight to find this motel at an unscheduled stop after a harrowing drive through snow that prevented me from making it to my destination. The front desk staff was friendly and attentive. The room was large, clean and cozy. TV has more then enough channels. Restaurant is lovely, food was good and staff were very friendly offering fast service. I agree with the other reviews about the lounge. While the restaurant is an option to enjoy a beverage, it is always nice to relax in a lounge. Hopefully there is still the intent to find a way to open it again. I was very surprised to find that there was a fitness centre off the main lobby and breakfast included in the price of my room. Overall very impressed!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Prairiebreeze2014
Reviewed December 5, 2017

I have been driving transports for over forty years whenever I go up north I always plan to have my stay at the Wawa motor in anywhere from ten to twenty times a year not counting my co-workers who are also very disappointed . there was nothing better to look forward to a nice relaxing evening in the lounge with some old friends and the local people great food and great staff. after staying last night and paying 28 dollars for a plate of hamburger helper and 7 dollars for a bottle of beer I'm blown away by this.nether I or my company can afford this.its unbelievable remember everything is moved by truck and so does the word..

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ron O, Manager at Wawa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Due to the community wide staffing shortage the Wawa Motor Inn has closed the Fireside Lounge. Without adequate staff we were not able to provide the high standard of customer service our customers deserve.
Our friendly wait staff will continue to meet your food and beverage needs in the licensed Fireside Dining Room.

Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Visit Wawa 6 times a year, all seasons always looked forward to the lounge with cozy fire place and great staff ,found it's been closed. Disappointed to say the least. Time to find another place in Wawa. To bad this place had it all no reason not to stay.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ron O, Manager at Wawa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Reviewed November 1, 2017

I stay here quite often on the way to or from Thunder Bay. I find the staff to be super and the rooms clean and economical. I was however, quite disappointed to learn on my last trip in October, that the Lounge had been closed and I could only use the more formal dining room. While the staff and service was great, it is not the type of dining that I want after a long days drive. Please, give us back the Lounge, with its Bar, Draft Beer and the Ambiance Bob from Ontario

Date of stay: October 2017