“Due to storm and road closure, we found a beautiful place to overnight on our travels.”
Review of Wawa Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
Wawa Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Picturesque, clean much needed piece of heaven for the road weary. What a pleasant surprise that didn't fleece our pocket book.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank maanii

Reviewed 16 September 2010

I have visited the Wawa Motor Inn many times, on many trips to Wawa, and I have to say that lately I have become disappointed with this hotel.

The rooms are still clean and comfortable and a decent place to get a night's sleep (and the log cabins are very nice for small groups), but the service level has been sliding for a few months now.

The front desk staff have become less helpful to wayward travellers. Though not outright rude, the people I have dealt with this stay were condescending to me when I showed up early (not by my choice). I know I was early. I was simply inquiring if a room was available yet. Muttering something about "Check in is at 2" behind my back as I walk away is not necessary.

The restaurant however is taking a downward slide. I understand there was a recent change of management. The food was good before. Not spectacular, but good. Now it has slid to a smaller menu with food that is pricier at lower quality. The wait staff also has gotten grumpier and slower than before. (There was one pleasant one that I was very happy to deal with, but most of them seem less than happy to be there.)

Overall I will probably still stay again, as it is still the cleanest and most comfortable place in Wawa, but I certainly hope the service slide does not continue.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank masterofflight
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed one night during a two-week bicycle trip around Lake Superior. We arrived at Wawa after one of our shorter days and took advantage of extra time by roaming into Wawa. The motel is on the near edge of town, but it really doesn't matter as there isn't much in town to be honest.

Our room was a bit worn and at least soon to be out of date, although in an inoffensive, not really bold anyway kind of way. We really didn't mind as our room criteria revolved around whether there was room for two bikes, and our room was fantabulous in that regard. Bathroom and shower were nicer than others on our trip - wow, we even had a hair dryer in the room!

We ate dinner at the restaurant on the premises. The dining room is pretty interesting given the huge rock fireplace and timber-frame roof structure. The food was in the "not to bad" category. My steak was actually done properly and hinted of dry aging, so I consider that pretty good for motel fare.

All in all, I think this place was fine and if you don't need to be pampered or among the tourist-elite, this place will do the trick.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 26pt2runner
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The room was clean and quiet. But the notes around the room were all rather threatening: use our towels for your car and you'll be charged $250 cleaning fee!!! Smoke in our rooms and you'll be charged $250 cleaning fee! I had to get my credit card verified for a larger amount in case I skipped out without paying a meal or phone...to cover the hotel's butt (words of the reservation worker). They really don't trust travelers.
And the breakfast voucher was for $3.99. Of course the cheapest thing on the menu (oatmeal) was $5.99. So no free breakfast...and I felt like they thought they were fooling me.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank lovetravel6565
Reviewed 2 August 2010

room, front desk staff, fantastic.
restaurant: worst meal of my life
$17.00 for a frozen chicken cutlet and spaghetti was cold, from the fridge cold.
I asked to have the spaghetti microwaved and it came back warm on the outside and spaghetti was as cool instead of cold.
The worst meal of my life.
Never again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mable56
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Clean and Nice Motel, Pet Friendly, very friendly Staff

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2010

The wawa Motor Inn is very convieniently located in the small town of Wawa, very close to Tim Hortons and other restaraunts too.

The motel offers differnt rooms, some in main building, some cabins type too, see the web site.

I took my son (5yrs. old) for a single night stay, very happy.

I e-mailed the motel before our arrival asking about a DVD player, glad to make sure we had one, upon check-in, I changed rooms to have a king bed as my son wanted to be with me, Front Desk, with a smile, made the change and in with in 5 mins. had another staff bring the DVD to our new room, kinda impressive in my opinion. Staff is very friendly.

The room and bathroom were modern, bright, warm, clean and no surprises.

Our room was accessable from outside or inside, park outside your door and also go for dinner from inside, was neat and my son loved it!!

We found the dining room offered very good food, great layout, clean,,,,but pricey. There are items on the menu to keep costs down, but over-all pricey, causeing us to go for breakfast elsewhere. At supper, I thought I wanted a good ole fashioned hamburger, not at $12.99 though. Ended up ordering large pizza and had leftovers for $23.99, very good pizza ,homemade even.

I would and will stay again at the Wawa Motor Inn and hopefully for longer than one night next time.

Thanks staff for evrything.

Terry