“Unbelievable Fishing Trip In Port Renfrew”

Fishwestcoast Sportfishing Charters
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We left the marina at first light and caught a glimpse of one of the many black bears in the area, while en route to the fishing grounds, Our guide promised a great day on the water, he did not dissapoint us, quality fish after fish. Our party of four had our King Salmon limit within 4 hours and then we switched to Halibut. As soon as the guide instructed us to drop our lines we had multiple species of bottomfish attack our lures. Within a couple of hours we had our limit of Halibut weighing up to 55 lbs in the boat.
All our expectations had been met and we will book again soon.

3  Thank Ed V

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I made my way out to the town of Sooke BC last summer as I had heard that there was some of the best salmon fishing in the world in Sooke and I was not disappointed. Our Guide "Curtis" met us at the dock at 5:30 in the morning and away we went through the light early morning fog that burned off as the sun came up. It was no more than 10-15 minutes and we we're putting our gear in the water. We didn't even have our second rod in the water and the first one was already screaming out line. I wanted to take the rod but I also knew my son had never caught a tyee and he would not be disappointed, after a 30 minute fight we netted a 36 lb Chinook. We bagged another 3 chinooks all over 20 pounds and then finished off our catch limit with Coho and Sockeye. On our way back in we finnished off our amazing day by pulling the crab traps our guide had set the previos day and again he did not disappoint. We feasted that night and can't wait to go back again this summer and do it again and this time try and catch a trophy halibit.

4  Thank Dan C
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I surprised my husband with a evening Salmon Fishing trip for our anniversary and wow was he ever surprised. After dining at one of the local restaurants we departed the Sooke Harbour with our Guide from Fishwestcoast Charters, he put us onto the fishing grounds in a matter of minutes. He did not dissappoint us as we hooked into several fish with the biggest being a 34 lb Chinook Salmon! Now my husband insists this will be a annual trip for our anniversary. What did I start? Never the less I enjoyed our 4 hour fishing trip and plan on doing it again!

4  Thank nettydawn