“Halibut Fishing Sooke BC”

Fishwestcoast Sportfishing Charters
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just finished a business trip to Victoria and capped it off with a fishing trip with Fishwestcoast Sportfishing Charters.

We caught a nice 25 lb halibut and a pair of chinook salmon in the 8 to 10 lb range. Nice weather, nobody got sea sick, and it was a very short distance from his personnal wharf to the the fishing grounds as it made for a great day on the water. The guide set up all the gear and kept us entertained through out the day.

I look forward to coming back to Vancouver Island again as there is a lot of things to do close to Victoria. Price was a little above average compared to others but overall we enjoyed our time and plan on doing it again.

2  Thank Jason D

Reviewed November 20, 2012

When i started talking to our guide "Curtis" about this 2 day trip i wanted to take a couple friends on to experience the life on the ocean for the first time. Well there first time was life changing and the best salt water fishing i have ever done, as i use to live in Northern B.C. right on the coast. i have fished Prince Rupert, Kitimat, Stewart prior to,and now Port Renfrew "Fish Westcoast Charter".

Our first day out we caught our limits in Chinook salmon (12-25lbs) and COHO salmon (7-12lbs) in the first half of the day and Halibut up to 50lbs in the last half of the day, along with numerous type of other bottom fish spieces. On our way in we pulled 2 crab trap our guide had set out and we caught 16 crab to take in for dinner that night.

The second day was just the same, from the moment the rods hit the water we had fish on. 2,3-4 rods screeming line out at a time it was the most fun fishing that we have ever experienced. It only took 3.5 hours to pull our limits in the boat. Halibut fishing the second day was also amazing, again with our limits. We also caught a skate about 8 feet long with a wing span of 5 about feet which we got video and picture footage of before leasing this beautiful creature.
This was a trip of a life time and will be going back again as a yearly fishining trip.

THANK-U Fishwestcoast Charter

5  Thank Shaun N
Benny M, Owner at Fishwestcoast Sportfishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

It was great day on the water, the crew was very excited and the bounty of the Pacific Ocean did not disappoint. Enjoy your BBQ's this summer!!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We left the marina at first light and caught a glimpse of one of the many black bears in the area, while en route to the fishing grounds, Our guide promised a great day on the water, he did not dissapoint us, quality fish after fish. Our party of four had our King Salmon limit within 4 hours and then we switched to Halibut. As soon as the guide instructed us to drop our lines we had multiple species of bottomfish attack our lures. Within a couple of hours we had our limit of Halibut weighing up to 55 lbs in the boat.
All our expectations had been met and we will book again soon.

3  Thank Ed V
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I made my way out to the town of Sooke BC last summer as I had heard that there was some of the best salmon fishing in the world in Sooke and I was not disappointed. Our Guide "Curtis" met us at the dock at 5:30 in the morning and away we went through the light early morning fog that burned off as the sun came up. It was no more than 10-15 minutes and we we're putting our gear in the water. We didn't even have our second rod in the water and the first one was already screaming out line. I wanted to take the rod but I also knew my son had never caught a tyee and he would not be disappointed, after a 30 minute fight we netted a 36 lb Chinook. We bagged another 3 chinooks all over 20 pounds and then finished off our catch limit with Coho and Sockeye. On our way back in we finnished off our amazing day by pulling the crab traps our guide had set the previos day and again he did not disappoint. We feasted that night and can't wait to go back again this summer and do it again and this time try and catch a trophy halibit.

4  Thank Dan C
See more reviews
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I surprised my husband with a evening Salmon Fishing trip for our anniversary and wow was he ever surprised. After dining at one of the local restaurants we departed the Sooke Harbour with our Guide from Fishwestcoast Charters, he put us onto the fishing grounds in a matter of minutes. He did not dissappoint us as we hooked into several fish with the biggest being a 34 lb Chinook Salmon! Now my husband insists this will be a annual trip for our anniversary. What did I start? Never the less I enjoyed our 4 hour fishing trip and plan on doing it again!

4  Thank nettydawn