“amazing”

Ranked #17 of 115 Restaurants in Rimouski
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed July 31, 2017

I must say after 9 pm in Rimouski about all restaurants are closed but not this one .. you come in and you are in the 50s and the food is ok for our taste but its a small town joint so we where not asking for much but it was fine..

Reviewed July 19, 2017

This place was 20 steps from our hotel so it seemed like a good idea for breakfast.

And it was! Great rock n roll decor, very clean, good honest food , good prices.

I appreciated that you can order just one egg benedict instead of 2.

They have a brunch on Sundays at a very reasonnable price.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

I had dinner at Rétro 50 twice during my week-long stay in Rimouski because I couldn't find another restaurant offering better value anywhere else. It's a family restaurant, an old-fashioned diner like those that used to be popular a few decades ago. Yes, the décor is kitsch, but it's all part of the experience!

My expectations weren't that high, so I was pleasantly surprised by the tasty fare. The portions are quite generous and you can't beat the value offered by the "table d'hôte" set menu. I got the soup of the day, a starter, pasta with meat sauce, dessert, a soft drink, and coffee, all for about 15$. Factor in the taxes and the tip and the whole dinner cost me only 20$!

Service is casual and friendly. And even though the place can get quite busy, I never had to wait very long for my food to arrive.

When you spend all day hiking in the nearby parc national du Bic and you're hungry, Rétro 50 is definitely the place to come to! It's nothing fancy. Just good food at affordable prices.

Recommended.

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Breakfast combo #5. Big portion and decent price. However, not available between 12-1pm...although the other breakfast combos (1-4, and 6) are available. Not sure why?
Good service, tasty food.

Reviewed March 25, 2017

This place was recommended by a local tourist information person.
The place is like the old style diner with lots of red color!
The staff were efficient and friendly.
My husband ordered the club sandwich which was your standard club.
I ordered the French onion soup which was not one of the best soups I have had.
Based on our meals we would not recommend this place to be other than average.