“Excellent!”

Ranked #37 of 116 Restaurants in Rimouski
Price range: US$13 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chez Union Pacifique, nous sommes convaincus que la réussite d’un moment agréable autour d’un bon repas est le résultat de l’alchimie parfaite entre atmosphère détendue, plats de qualité et une petite touche du vin que vous apportez vous-mêmes.
Reviewed June 20, 2016

Very well prepared delicious and tasty dishes! Prices are affordable, bring your own wine the service is great!

Reviewed February 28, 2016

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for the past 12 years when in Rimouski and we have never been disappointed. Ambiance great, services great and the food is to die for...

Reviewed October 20, 2015 via mobile

I went here with two business associates. I had the salmon which was on a bed of wild rice and was topped with a slightly sweet tomato salsa. It was also accompanied by asparagus. The salmon was cooked perfectly. Slightly crispy on the bottom and plenty of flavor. My associates had mussels in white wine and the duck. Both enjoyed their meals.

One thing to note. The couple of times I have been here, the wait staff have been wonderfully friendly but have very limited English.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This restaurant is a great place. The food & presentation are excellent.
On my first visit, I had the lamb shank as the main course (unfortunately it is no longer on the menu) it was cooked to perfection. I returned two days ago. At the suggestion of the waitress, I decided on the scallops for the appetizer, cross ribs as the main course and crème brulée for dessert, all deliciously prepared. If you enjoy a good wine with your meal, you must bring your own, they do not serve alcohol. The tables are set accordingly though. The staff is very friendly and courtious & the prices are reasonable. Congratulations Costa! Continue to spoil us.

1  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I tried Union Pacific with a colleague based on the rankings from TripAdvisor.

Overall, it was mixed. The appies were pretty good. I believe I had the foie and my colleague the terrine. We thought it'd be the start of a great meal.

For mains, I ordered the duck (breast) and my colleague the steak. This is where it fell apart. My duck breast was a bit overcooked. Not to the point of sending back but to the point where I didn't really enjoy it that much. However, for my colleague, they really messed it up. She ordered her steak medium rare. Now, I know there's a bit of a interpretation thing in France but I figure there's enough tourist traffic in Rimouski to know what an Anglophone medium rare is. What came back was something that was well-done and not at all what was ordered.

The desserts were also decent but not the work of a pastry chef.

Overall, for positioning itself as a more upscale resto, we were both pretty disappointed at what we got.

Would we return? No. In fact, we were there for a couple of more days and pretty much telling everyone else to avoid this resto.

1  Thank Braindrain