Hotel Rimouski
Motel Colonial(Rimouski)
Motel Lyse(Rimouski)
Motel Marcel(Rimouski)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolthe riverstay there againroom was cleanthe st lawrence riverbusy roadfifth floormin walkfree wifigreat place to stayvery nice hotelfantastic locationquebec cityother hotelshotel is locatedexcellent staysized bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I have a young family(twins) and we do a yearly excursion to the Gaspé. We've stay at many motels in the vicinity and we have stayed at Hotel Rimouski before. This is a great hotel for the region with all the amenities for a young family that include a restaurant, indoor heated pool(with slide), sauna, etc. The hotel is perfectly located on the water downtown Rimouski. Along the waterfront(in front of the hotel) there is a pedestrian and bicycle path that makes for an excellent activity in the evening with the family(very safe).
This time around I opted for a suite at the Hotel Rimouski, an excellent choice for a young family. I would categorize the room more as a junior suite(compared to metropolitan areas). It has a separate living room area with a sofa bed and more space for the kids. The bathroom is very standard but well appoint and clean. The room comes with two flat panel televisions and local area cable etc. The only things that I would add would be a small bar type fridge and a microwave.
IMPORTANT: When booking a room with this hotel shop around, example expedia.ca had the suite listed at $160 and and the regular room at $130. through the hotel site it was listed at $179 for the suite and the regular room at $149. I seen the a regular room listed at $100 on other sites when booking in advance(more than two week).
Inclosing this is an very good hotel for the region for young families, people on business, and couples.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Grandpa_Walton
Reviewed 8 August 2011

You will love Hotel Rimouski. It is located on a major highway but it is buffered from noise and congestion by design and landscaping. Upon our arrival we were greeted by an enthusiastic staff who after giving us the French bonjour switched to English. We stayed for 5 nights in a luxurious room, relaxed in the lobby and enjoyed the indoor pool courtyard. The hotel La Seigneurie restaurant staff treated us as first class passengers aboard an ocean liner we had a traditional buffet breakfast and multi-course lunch and evening meals that were never disappointing. The hotel has free parking and its excellent location - just steps away from the St. Lawrence River boardwalk, (one of the longest rivers in the world) fishing pier, restaurants, supermarket, main shopping area, night clubs and miniature golf.

We asked the hotel to arrange a golf game for four of the days, the courses Golf les Saules (located on a plateau grassy hollows and heavily forested holes), Golf Val-Neigette (located at the foot of the mountains were windswept fairways defined by strategic bunkering), Golf du Bic (beautifully situated on the shore of the Saint Lawrence ponds, environmentally protected areas) & Golf l'Empress (located in a wooded area was gorgeous acres of terrain and very easy to walk) …all with immaculate course conditions.
Thank you Rimouski for a wonderful week.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quebec_tony
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed at Hotel Rimouski with my husband and mother from July 25 to 29, 2011. We chose this hotel because it's very centrally located in Rimouski (it's off René-Lepage Blvd, the main thoroughfare that runs along the St. Lawrence river) and therefore convenient to the various attractions we wanted to visit.

We had no problems at all finding the hotel. Parking is ample and complimentary. The check-in process was smooth and efficient. Front desk staff members were polite, friendly and knowledgeable. Since we were traveling with my mother, we had booked a suite with a bedroom and separate sitting room with sofa bed. The suite was a good size and well decorated. Everything was very clean. The king bed in the bedroom was exceptionally comfortable, and the sofa bed in the sitting area was quite adequate. The bathroom contained plenty of towels and amenities for the 3 of us (which is not always the case, we have often had to ask for towels for the 3rd person, or even sheets for the sofa bed when booking a room for 3 adults, elsewhere). The suite had no view as it faced the parking lot; you can book a river view suite for more money but we had declined that option since we don't spend much time in our room when traveling other than to sleep anyways. The room was very quiet, we heard nothing at all from the neighbors during our stay.

The hotel has an indoor pool with water slide that seemed to be a hit with families while we were there. There is a full service restaurant on site but we didn't try it since there were many other restaurants in town we wanted to try. There was free wifi available in the hotel.

One last thing I thought I'd mention is that while there is an elevator in the hotel, it is quite far from the suites section where we were located so we ended up walking up the stairs (3 stories) instead. Not a big deal for us, but it might matter for some people.

All in all, Hotel Rimouski was a great choice for a relaxing vacation in a beautiful region.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a river view if views matter to you, the river is gorgeous and the sunsets priceless!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sudriveraine
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I stayed at Hotel Rimouski for 3 nights in June 2011, while visiting colleagues at UQAR. Everything was smooth from the time I booked via email to the check-out process. The room was nice (I requested a carpet-free room), restaurant downstairs is convenient, staff was efficient, nothing to complain about. It is also located right in front of the St Lawrence river, and at a 10-15 min walk from the UQAR campus.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Seb3343
Reviewed 27 January 2007

I had to be in Rimouski for work, and there isn't a huge amount of choice in Rimouski in the winter. Hotel Rimouski is actually quite nice, probably about the level of a nice Holiday Inn.

There is a good pool (with a water slide) and gym - plus my room had an exercise bike in it (along with a Queen size bed).

Housekeeping was very efficient - I left to go down to breakfast and they were finishing my room when I came back after eating to get my stuff for the day. The staff was very friendly - though not many appeared to speak english.

My room didn't have much of view, but some overlook the river - which is likely very nice in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business