I picked this venue after reading the good reviews about it on tripadvisor. I was able to book the 4 person 1200 sq foot condo for $199 a night on hotels.com which was a steal for what we walked in to. The resort itself is near the main strip but tucked away in the back road in a private area. I specifically asked the resort to book us on the top level and facing the back pond, which they did with no issues.
The condo itself was in immaculate condition-it looked like a house! All the smallest details were cared for right down to the toiletries on every sink in the condo and the folded towels and edges that were put on the paper towels and toilet paper. The decor and color scheme were very modern and fresh!
We stayed in #236 and noticed the following:
It was very quiet in our strip except in the early mornings when the tractors come out to manicure the golf course at 7:00 am onwards...since we were facing the water fountain, that becomes quite noisy when it's turned on at 8:00 am, however it is a stunning backdrop to the greenery and mountains so well worth the noise.
The bedroom was VERY large with its own jetted tub right by the window to face out on the golf course....a small tv and good size closet fit the room and a convenient sink right by the bed were smart ideas. The bathroom itself was nice and large too...only issue, the bed itself was VERY hard and uncomfortable.
There is a small nook just outside the bedroom with laundry and mini patio as well as 2 chairs and a table for reading...very cozy. Our mini patio faced out to the pool however there is a wasp nest right at the top so it was hard to sit outside without swatting away wasps.
The kitchen was VERY large and fully stocked with utensils....the sitting area was also lovely with the TV in an odd spot (down on the ground behind a cabinet) but who wants to watch tv when you have great views.
Our patio that overlooked the man made lake was quite nice, however we noticed that ours was the smallest of all the patios-so be sure to book a different room if you want a bigger patio...we had barely enough room to sit at our table which was crammed right up to the door with the big BBQ just on the left...also another wasp nest was in a hole making it hard to sit outside.
The staff was quite nice and made sure to call us every day to see if we were ok-the condo is fully stocked with extra towels and toilet paper which we never even used half of while we were there....parking was easy during the day but when we got back later at night, our spot was taken and we had to park a long ways away....there should be designated and assigned parking outside each condo so the visitor can actually have somewhere to park if they come "home" later than 9:00.
Overall we LOVED this resort....it felt like living in a real home and was worth the money...even at full price, it is still worth it. This is a great condo for large families as there are 2 big bathrooms, and 3 spots to have inflatable mattresses for extra visitors.
We hope to go back again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 2.5 hours west of Calgary in the scenic village of Radium Hot Springs, BC, award-winning Bighorn Meadows Resort offers stunning views of the Purcell and Rocky Mountain ranges, as well as the emerald green fairways of the prestigious Springs Course. Mountain vistas, cozy fireplaces, decks with BBQs, high-end finishings, and full kitchens where you can stock groceries, snacks, and drinks await you in one of our Resort’s 1, 2, or 3 bedroom vacation condos. Guest Room's are also available with kitchenette, private bathroom, and dining area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bighorn Meadows Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bighorn Meadows Hotel Radium Hot Springs
- Bighorn Meadows Resort Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia