“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Idaho
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

We recently stayed one night at the Village Country Inn and we were very pleased. The atmosphere, the decor, the location, the staff was superb. The breakfast was fabulous. We would most definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
St. Albert, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

My wife and I stayed on 12 Jul. The staff were pleasant, friendly and helpful. I expected more for the price. The room was ok, a little small, but was clean. There was no fridge and the TV was .... small. We could easily hear everyone coming and going throughout the evening and night. (The walls must be thin!) Breakfast was not included but was offered for an additional $5 to $10 each. I would shop around a little more next time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Yellowknife, nt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

This was one of our stops for our yearly snowboarding trip through BC. Fern and Graham were excellent hosts and we were very pleased with the quiet and clean atmosphere at the inn. We were also able to enjoy crib and watching the hockey game in the common room around the fire place, which we really enjoyed. The breakfest was top notch and we highly recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

This was a wonderful experience for our first time staying at an Inn. It met and exceeded our expectations thanks to the owners Fern, Graham and staff. They were informative and helpful. It made my husband and I feel like we were staying with family and friends.

Breakfast was wonderful and their Kicking Horse coffee excellent.

Each night we relaxed on our veranda sipping our wine, enjoying the peace and quiet and watching the wildlife.

I would highly recommend staying here to everyone.

Alan & Patricia

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kauaitabu
Sunderland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

We needed to be in Radium Hot Springs for an early start with Kootenay River Rafters (whitewater rafting) and chose to stay at the Village Country Inn. We had a warm welcome from our hosts. Our two-queen bedded room was very clean, spacious and furnished to a high standard. We spent a comfortable night and were well rested. A good experience.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Heenry
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

We visit Radium numerous times throughout the year and always stay at the Village Country Inn. Whether we are skiing at nearby Panorama or Kicking horse, exploring backcountry trails and fishing ponds, golfing at anyone of the numerous courses with spectacular scenery, or swimming at Lake Windermere, the hosts at Village Country Inn are always hospitable and friendly. Their local knowledge of the area’s hidden interests is something you can’t find in a brochure.

Breakfast in the morning was fantastic, I recommend the Stuffed French Toast with the home made Cranberry sauce. Contrary to what other reviews suggest, I found the reserved breakfast times to be an added service. I liked the fact that I knew the hosts would be able to focus on serving us along with one other table our home cooked breakfast hot off the grill and not competing with ten other tables for their attention.

The rooms are fresh and clean, and complete with a coffee maker for early morning brew and wine glasses for an evening night cap. Our room had ‘to go’ cups for our coffee so I could take it with me on my morning walk!

If you are looking for a relaxing weekend at a cozy and “feels like home” place, this Inn will satisfy your needs.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WhereT0Next1
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

I've had the opportunity to stay at the Village Country Inn on several occassions. Once with a group of friends, once with golf buddies and once with my wife. Every time I`ve enjoyed my stay. The hosts are warm and friendly folks that go out of their way to make sure my stay was great each time. They even booked a game of golf for me at one of the local courses. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The inn has a very warm and homey feel to it. It`s very clean and I loved the small touches like having your own pair of slippers outside the door to your room. If you`re eating breakfast there, I would suggest you come hungry. The meals look like they came off the pages of a cooking magazine. Healthy portions and very delicious. I`ve stayed at the Inn on several occassion and will definitely go back. I would recommend it as a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple