“Back to normal!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quesnel
Bowron Lake Lodge and Resorts
Cariboo Country, BC
“Back to normal!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Further to my review of July 2009, I'd like to say that the "bad managers" were removed and the owners have taken over the campground again. It is a relaxed environment with a million dollar view! I'm not sure if the cabins are being rented anymore but camping is available right on the edge of the water. There is a shower house and sani-dump and all the sites are relatively flat.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank S&W-82

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

I stayed in a water front duplex cabin and it was great ($50.00 per night) the cabins have running cold water, lights, flush toilet, heater, fully equipped kitchen, queen bed and pull out couch and they have hot running showers in a separate building.
Sitting on the deck and watching the sun go down was like being in heaven,
I would be the first to complain if needed, hey if I was paying $200.00 a night I would find some things to complain about (its a bit rustic), but at $50.00 per night its one of the lowest rates in all of B.C. for a water front cabin.
The lady that was in charge was wonderful and always greeted us with a smile.
All the people that I talked to that were staying at the Bowron Lake lodge love it.
My daughter loved swimming and canoeing in front of our cabin.
I can't wait to go back next summer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bcoutdoorguy
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

I have been going to bowron lake lodge since i was 12 and I am 29 now Jim and his family have been running the place as long as I can remember. The buildings are rotting and seem old but they were like that 17 years ago. Its all part of the fun, dont expect them to make the trip for you. The hospitality has always been topnotch. plenty of pay camping and hoards of free camping. Bowron lake lodge is like steping into the past, you have to see it for your self. The other bad reviews are just people trying to keep the place a secret and nothing more.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank owen40
Eugene, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

Bowron Lake Lodge is a dismal shadow of its former self. The main lodge burned down two years ago; the water in the campground and vacation rentals is contaminated and must be boiled before drinking -- except that there is no propane for the gas stoves. It is terribly overpriced for the shabby, run down accommodations that are offered, which did include beds but no linen. The only showers are in a separate building that may have looked nice 30 years ago.

We rented canoe equipment for the circuit and on the first day, a paddle blade simply fell off the shaft and sank into the water. Upon return, we were told "don't worry about the loss, those paddles break all the time:"

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jim R

Travellers are raving about these Quesnel hotels

Prince George, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

We rented a kayak, to do the whole bowron lake circuit. On the first lake the kayak started sinking, and we discovered a big hole.
They did not want to reimburse us the money, because they accused us of causing the hole! They treated us like cheaters and were not respectful at all. No service!
Later we heard other stories about this rental store:
-broken down cart, not hot water because natural gas is shut down for safety reasons, not having the equipment in the rental cabins that is promised, not having the promised fiberglass canoes etc.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Marina154938
Lantzville, Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

Staff were ver accomidaiting, equipement rentals were perfect for the ciruit. They gave us a free upgrade. I would highly recomend them, keeping in mind the very remote location.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank NoodleLady
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

Do not go to this lodge. First of all, the accommodations would not be out of place on the set of a movie about post-apocalyptic life, or maybe even Compton. Everything seemed to be sagging under its own weight, paint was flaking off everywhere, and EVERYTHING WAS BOARDED UP. Which provides a nice segue into my next point.

Second of all, if it wasn't for the kind graces of Lothar and Becker's Lodge right up the hill, our canoe trip would not have happened. My group and I had been in contact via email with Jim McKitrick for 2 months prior to our arrival. We had organized gear and a campsite for the nights when we would not be on the lake. When we arrived, there was no one at the lodge, as it was closed. Hence the boards over everything. When we came back for a night at the end of our trip, he promptly kicked us off the campsite, saying "We're closed". I'm pretty sure that's not how customer service works. Oh well, thanks for the 'free' firewood!

The only consolation I got from this debacle was the abandoned fire truck in the back part of the property. It was pretty cool to check out.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank cupajoe60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quesnel
0.2 km away
0.3 km away
Travelodge Quesnel BC
Travelodge Quesnel BC
#5 of 15 in Quesnel

Been to Bowron Lake Lodge and Resorts? Share your experiences!