We booked for 3 nights from December 11 - 14, 2011 and stayed in room 116. This was supposed to be a nice relaxing time for a little getaway. When we arrived, the front desk lady was very nice and helpful. We went to put fruit in the fridge and found lunch meat from a previous guest. There were hairs on the toilet that did not belong to us. We called the front desk and shortly after, the head of the housekeeping was down and solved the problem. She was very nice. When we had a bath, the water was just lukewarm and we had to hold the handle of the faucet of the bathtub down in order to get hot water. It was evident that the floor had not been vacumed very well as there were items from previous guests still there. On the third day, we wanted our bed sheets changed so we put out the card for changing the sheets on the bed as directed. We were gone all day and upon our return to our room, to our surprise, the bed was not even made, the bath towels were not changed and there was no kleenex or shampoo replaced. The only evident thing done was that the garbage had been emptied. We contacted the front desk and the young lady working, offered us fresh towels, shampoo and kleenex, but did not seem concerned about the bed. When I went to get the items, I brought the card with me to show her what the instructions were for changing linen. As she was chewing her gum, she more or less indicated that perhaps the cleaning staff did not understand. My husband then called the front desk and asked for the name and to speak to the general manager and was refused by the young lady who answered the phone. He was given to someone from housekeeping. instead. The housekeeping staff asked what she was supposed to to about our problem. My husband told her to forget it. Very poor customer service. By the way, the whole time we were here, the hotel was not busy at all. We were a former guests of the Day's Inn in Portage la Prairie but decided to give this place a chance. What a mistake that was. Never, ever will we stay here again. The Day's Inn or Canad Inn will get our business instead. For the price of this hotel, it was not worth it and we were both very disappointed. The internet was so slow....kind of like the days of dial-up. Oh, yes, the continental breakfast includes orange or apple juice, but only water comes out. The staff is well aware of this problem and nothng has been done. What a rip off this place was. Never again and I will tell everyone I know not to stay here. It would have been nice to speak to the general manager, but guess there is none. Harald and Susan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Super 8 in Portage is located about 3 minutes west of the edge of the city. It is a very quiet and safe area, and you are only a few minutes from the central shopping area. Start your day off with our free SuperStart breakfast, then go into town and enjoy the variety of shops on our main drag. After a fulfilling day, come and soak in our relaxing hottub, or for the adventurous traveler, try out our 100+ft waterslide. With our comfortable pillowtop mattresses and our superb customer service team, every night with us is like a vacation itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Super 8 Portage La Prairie MB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Portage La Prairie MB Manitoba
- Super Eight Portage La Prairie
- Portage La Prairie Super 8
- Portage La Prairie Super Eight