“Very nice clean place”

Super 8 Portage La Prairie MB
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I was greeted by a friendly front desk person, filled me in with all the details. Very clean room and check out was very quick.
No issues.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Staff at the reservation office charged me cash for deposit. Usually deposit is a hold on the credit card. I was informed the next morning that this was done in error. The room was clean and comfortable. The building it’s self was a little bit dated.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We have held our Family Christmas here in October for probably 8 years. Always good service and very happy with staff. Breakfast was really good and well presented. One disappointment was that the pool was really cool. Overall great stay

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Travelled to Portage for two days presenting my new book for Orange Shirt Day. Chose the Super 8 for the comparable price offered at that time. I arrived very late, staff was friendly and welcoming. My daughter had wanted to surprise me with flowers, treats and a card when I got into town, and staff at the hotel had it all set up and ready for me when I got there! It was a lovely surprise! Kids came to visit and enjoyed a great night in the pool and waterslide was a real hit. Breakfast was offered, but I didn't actually The room was comfortable and average.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Our room had a musty smell. The front desk clerk gave me a room freshner when I mentionned this to her. Comp,imentary breakfast was sparse. Basically ran out of food, only had cereal left and a few yogurts. Food containers were not being refilled when empty. Coffee machine in room did not work. This Super 8 needs a bit of tlc.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We had our room in decent shape when my son and I arrived. Mould was all over the shower and the rooms itself had a strong scent to it that I couldn't figure out. We just opened the window for a bit and it was ok. Our second at day, I pulled my sheets back to go to bed and there was a 4 inch blood stain on the fitted sheet. I was disgusted. I called the front desk and I had to make the bed and pull off the dirty sheet. All that was offered was a 15% discount...i figured it would be more, but it wasn't. Be careful staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family