Motel Granby
Agoda.com
US$71
Gi'temps(Granby)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Stay away! Do not be distracted by the low price and amazing discount to attend the zoo.
I made my reservation in may to stay in june. The man spoke...ok english. When i arrived i provided my reservation number and was thr ONLY vehicle in the parking lot. It took the owner and his wife 20 mins to give my a room key. They demanded payment upfront and provided the wortlst room ive ever seen....and i paid for the "upgraded" accomodations. Tv and fridge in our room did not work. After the owner spent approx 45 mins in our room trying to repair the tv i said i was going elsewhere, and asked for my money back.

After a screaming match in the reception area, they proceeded to tell me that 1) i cannot have a refund, 2) they gave me the best price so why should i leave, 3) in order to get a refund, they were charging me 2% for the inconvenience. F-U!
Literally a screaming match in the reception area. They finally refunded my card, then refused to provide me a copy of my paperwork and receipts.....ya....refused! I managed to get them to make a photocopy of my paperwork and ran out of there. As im buckling my daughter in her carseat, the wife ran over to the van telling me to pay the 2% fee. I literally drove away with her chasing after my van for the $6.

Dont ever go there. Worst hotel experience ever.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed October 17, 2016

Our two-bed room was good, had everything we needed, and they replaced a not burning lamp immediately. The breakfast was very good (also continental).
But the best thing was the helpfulness of the new owner and his wife.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Absolutely unimaginable customer service (or absence thereof, rather). Booked a room in the morning for the same day, by providing my credit card number over the phone. Got a phone call several hours later, from a different person, confirming the reservation. Got there at 11pm (as agreed): no reservation under either my personal info or the reference number they had provided me with. At the reception, two owners(?) hardly speaking either French or English (I don't speak chinese, sorry...), telling me they din't have any room for me. Other customers were there, as shocked as I was when seeing how reservations were managed: no computer, everything done with a pencil, criss crossing numbers and names multiple times...chaos, no wonder information was lost. After I insisted, they finally found a room, bigger than the one I had reserved though, but telling me I needed to pay the difference....In short, save yourself the trouble and risk of getting there and finding out they had lost your reservation...

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank belmog77
Reviewed June 30, 2016

We spent three nights here and got the two day pass to Granby Zoo. The hotel was everything we needed, not a five star, so don't believe in writing reviews on paint, decor, etc. It had a comfortable, clean bed, a bathroom, a tv, fridge, and wifi. Towels and garbage were changed daily, however the rest of the room wasn't cleaned. The kids enjoyed the pool. Only a five minute drive to the zoo. Breakfast had lots of choices, and a nice deck to eat on. We would stay here again during our next visit to the zoo. Owners are friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Room 34, at back. Quiet, during off season. Across from pool, two king beds.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2015

On their website this motel looked ok, and it did have a heated outdoor pool. I'll list the good things first - the room was clean and newly painted, and the sheets smelled clean and fresh. The staff was friendly, and the continental breakfast was passable. Unfortunately, this motel has lots of issues. It desperately needs a major facelift. The breakfast room looks like an abandoned building (inside it was fine), the pool was dirty, the exterior of the whole place needed painting, the wireless worked about 20% of the time. This should be a $50 a night place, but it is the closest motel to the Granby zoo, which raises the price.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple