All reviews underground parking platinum member the river holiday inn nice hotel government buildings high floor business travel coffee maker exercise room one night stay flat screen tv convenient location close to downtown nice room parliament hill short drive
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

The rooms of the crown plaza are of a okay size, but the hotel really needs a renovation. When we were there, the whirlpool was out of service, the wood panelling of some walls were broken and the rooms (especially the windows) were dirty.

The breakfast was pretty poor (not the crown plaza standard).

Overall, one of the wordt crown plaza I've stayed so far.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Michael L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Hello,
I apologize for the whirlpool being out of service, we unfortunately had hole appear in 5” PVC which is not easily found and is a rare failure to occur. The whirlpool is back in order. We are sorry that the facility didn’t meet with your expectations and I will pass along your comments to the restaurant operator concerning breakfast.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

5 hours from Hamilton, Ontario. We stayed at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Hull - Gatineau Ottawa.. really great place, very friendly and helpful staff. Check in time is at 4 pm, but because it is raining outside I ask the staff if we can use the pool while waiting for aour room and she said yes its ok. Sorry I forgot her name. About 1 hour she came to the pool and said that our room is ready, really nice to do that for us.

This location is very close to everything pretty much. Parliament hill is only 7 minutes away. There is parking meter everywhere but it is always full, but you can find parking at a nearby hotel and the mall for a charge. Parliament hill is a walking distance from the famous Ottawa Canal and the shopping centre is a walking distance. If you dont mind walking, you can walk to Major’s Hill park and take a great photo shot at the Parliament at the back of it, across from the park is the Cathedral Notredame Basilica and across from the church is the national gallery of Canada.

Our kids does not like walking and so we do not recommend bringing kids, just bring them to waterpark and or niagara falls. Although the kids did enjoy the hotel pool where we stayed all day on our last day. Another park you can visit in Ottawa is the Jacque Cartier Park, lots of horticultural masterpieces. We did not get to see it inside but you can pretty much see a little bit while walking on the mark pathways.

Really enjoyed it here but the only thing I notice is that they have a lot of hobos compared to Hamilton. They dont really bother you as much but when there is 3 or more of them asking for money, it is different coz we did have our kids with us.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We were walk in customers as I had not booked my accommodation ahead of time. We arrived at noon and lined up at the front desk. There were 3 women working and only one group checking in. The girl who checked me in had no idea how to help me but was soon assisted by a 3rd girl who was efficient and friendly. I am a IHG awards member so thought that might help. The location of the hotel was very good and we were able to walk to the tourist sites by following the red line on the walkways.
The room was large and comfortable with a kitchenette with sink, fridge, microwave but the cupboards were bare, not even one glass. There were paper cups with the coffee maker. The TV remote would not work and we were surprised by the small size of the TV. We called for help with the TV but managed to get it working by adjusting the cable connection at the back. Unfortunately that was only a temporary fix. The maintenance man who came up arrived when the TV was working. He was annoyed and left. We gave up on watching TV. It was raining and no restaurants close by so we tried the hotel restaurant. Service was horrible and there were very few customers . After a long wait my husband finally got his order but my pasta was not ready because, according to the server, the cook didn't make it. Don't eat at the hotel. We thought we could at least read in bed but for some reason the reading lights went out. They worked the next morning. Overall it was a disappoinment.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear kaul,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay. I understand your disappointment and I will share your comments with our GM and managers to look into the issues you encountered. Please feel free to reach-out to me directly to organize your next stay, I will be happy to assist to make your next stay more enjoyable. Regards, Nathalie T., Director of Sales

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

A good sized family room with 2 big double beds and a nice clean bathroom. Everything was clean, comfortable and worked well.

The staff were helpful and gave good directions to the places that we wanted to get to. The hotel is in ‘Hull’ which is just over the road from the main centre. We took a taxi (to save time( to The Byward Market one way and then walked back from the Parliament buildings which took about (25 mins).

There is a good area near the hotel with lots of restaurants to choose from and so eating local to the hotel was easy.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Located in Gatineau - Quebec near the state border with Ontario this hotel have a great location for access the Ottawa City in 15 minutes but the service isn’t good! After arrived I received my room where the TV (remote control) didn’t work even changing the remote control! The parking it’s paid ($20.00 per day) and didn’t have space for all cars outside! Next day after housekeeping cleaning my room I didn’t received body towels in my room! I arrived in the breakfast room first day and there are not food, fruits, milk, the tables was dirty and the manager didn’t show up for fix it! I wait 35 minutes for breakfast! Be careful!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Hi 719cromero,

We want to make your stays the best it can be and I'm sorry we fell short of your expectations, especially with breakfast and housekeeping. This provides an avenue for our hotel to improve and I know that your feedback will be put to good use. Thank you for highlighting our hotel's accessible location! Looking forward to win you over upon your return. We appreciate your trust in our hotel chain!

Best,