1,320 results
All reviews electric fireplace jacuzzi tub third floor free parking large hotel across the street liquor store buffet breakfast king bed downtown ottawa nordik spa excellent hotel short drive hotel restaurant casino saq couch
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I like most travellers research travel locations and hotels by reading the Trip Advisor reviews good and bad, So having stayed at the Hotel many years ago,I bypassed the bad reviews and decided to stay here for two nights for a family member's wake and funeral being held in Wakefield, PQ. Checking in was okay the room was as expected, even though I booked through a third party online, I paid the full amount at the Hotel. This week was one of hottest week of the year, so staying at a Hotel made a lot of sense instead of imposing on other family members. My basic expectation of any Hotel is that after the first night the bed would be made, room cleaned and fresh towel laid out. To my surprize none of this transpired after we left for the wake. The cleaning staff did come to our room early and I told her that we were not ready for her yet and I requested a "Make up Room Sign" to hang on the door for her. She did not have one to give me, so she saw us when we were leaving so I thought she would clean the room. Upon returning at 1130 PM that night to a room not made up was way below what I was expecting. So here is where I start getting annoyed at how as a guest I was mishandled. I did report the incident to the night desk clerk and requested some new towels and a box of tissue, which was delivered to our room. The night clerk said that the Front Desk manager would be in that morning so I could make my concerns to him then, I told the clerk we were leaving early and if he gave me a business card I would contact the Front Desk Manager via email. I did email the Front Desk manager and had an email tag session with him over the issue of the unmade room. He advises that the I mislead the housekeeper by having her think that I didn't need the room done.just new towels. .I was told that my breakfast charges were reversed and there was nothing he could do about the room charges because I booked online with a third party and I was offered a free upgrade upon availability. My concern is that as a management team who was trained on customer service, would offer an upgrade and another free breakfast for my next stay, when in my opinion we have not resolved my original complaint. I have rambled on enough the bottom line is as a hotel guest regardless of who I booked the room though, I expected to have my room cleaned, towels changed etc, not shuffled off as just a complainer. I took all the required steps within the hospitality industry and in this case to no avail. In my defense, I never requested any charges be reversed or dropped, I expected this "High End Hotel management Team" to make this minor issue right. So the saga ends without resolution at this time.

Stayed: July 2018
5  Thank humster
Ramada-info, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

We are very sorry for your lost, our sincere condolences.

Our dedicated team work hard to make sure our guest have a renewing stay. I was surprised and sorry to read your comments about your disappointing experience and misunderstanding of your request by our room attendant. When you were informed by the Front office Manager that we could not reimbursed you because Expedia would not reverse the charge, this is the reality of dealing with a third party for all of our industry. If you would have made your reservation directly with us we had more options for you then your free upgrade and complimentary breakfast for a future stay. We hope this past stay does note deter you from staying with us again and redeem ourselves.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

We stayed for a long weekend and we had an excellent experience. The room was huge, well appointed with a fireplace and cosy sitting area. The jacuzzi tub was wonderfully relaxing. Breakfast was delicious with many options including fresh fruit and flaky, fresh croissants. The property was clean and inviting as were the staff from the front office staff to the lovely ladies in the breakfast room....all round great experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2018

Great hotel, located directly across the street from the Casino, huge comfortable rooms. Awkward shower, but would not stop me from staying here again. Indoor pool was clean. I used the gym facilities which were great. Excellent service and would certainly return.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Ramada-info, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

We are thrilled to welcome you to the Ramada Plaza Gatineau for the very first time! Providing a great service is our highest priority for our guests, and we will proudly share your comments regarding your experience and interactions throughout your stay.

We hope to see you again soon, on your next visit to the Ottawa-Gatineau region

Warm regards,

Christine Cadieux, General Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2018

This is a bit late in writing but we stayed here for the Saskatchewan vs Red Black game and greatly enjoyed our stay, check in was quick and fast, bed was extremely comfortable and room was of an excellent size. We stayed here as well as it is close to the Casino, a very affordable alternative and is a 5-10 minute walk across the street, all depends how fast you amble along. A short drive to a bus stop which to us to TD Place (for free during CFL games) we made it downtown in very good time. As well a 2 minute walk to an SAQ (liquor store) if you like to pick up a bottle of wine and a grocery store but an extra minute or two away in case you need anything. Great service and did I mention the bed was super comfy!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ramada-info, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

It is never to late. Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you had an excellent experience staying with us from start to finish!

Here at the Ramada Plaza we have a great team who go above and beyond so that each guest can have a special and unique stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed our facilities and surroundings . You can be sure that we will share your kind words with all team members.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your comments, we hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2018

Free parking, insanely good restaurant, courteous staff plus the ease and speed of check in. The rooms are large, comfortable and very clean. The highlights are the restaurant and the jet tubs. Highly recommend this stress free facility.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review. We are delighted that you chose to spend time with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed our amenities, facilities and the food at the BISTRO75, It is always a pleasure to hear when our team members have contributed to enhance our guest stay. We will share all those comments with them. MERCI!

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

General manager