1,322 results
All reviews electric fireplace jacuzzi tub third floor free parking large hotel across the street liquor store buffet breakfast the hotel staff king bed downtown ottawa spacious room nordik spa enjoyed my stay short drive one night stay hotel restaurant
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Wow! My husband booked us a suite for the night after a day spent at Nordic Spa. It's not a far drive from the spa so it was a great choice. The casino is also only a short walk away. Our room was gorgeous, very clean and welcoming complete with a fireplace, cozy leather couch, king size bed with very comfortable pillows. We had the best sleep! The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is not included, there is a $10 charge however it was very very good; fresh fruit, croissants, eggs, toast, cereal, home fries, pancakes, .... (buffet style) we really enjoyed our breakfast. Highly recommend staying here. I hope we will get to stay again in the near future.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Ramada-info, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

MERCI! Thank you for the very lovely review. We are delighted that you chose to spend time with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your breakfast buffet at the BISTRO 75, as well as our amenities. It is always a pleasure to hear when our team members have contributed to enhance a guest’s stay and we will share all those wonderful comments with them. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Be well,

Delete Response

Reviewed September 3, 2018

The hotel is very easy to find, really close to the Casino altho that is not why I chose it....we were heading out to Nordik Spa about 10 minutes away and the Ramada was closeby.
Check in was quick and the clerk was friendly and efficient. The hotel is built a bit strangely, being extremely long and the main lobby located at one end...you can be parked very far away from the lobby when the hotel is full! One small elevator that cracks and creaks led us up to our 3rd room floor which is a secure floor - card access only, a good thing.

We had a huge room (#360) with a king bed and a big couch however the room could have been much cleaner...a good vacuuming would have picked up all the dust on the carpet edges and corners - there was dust dangling from the ceiling above the lamp next to the bed. The bathroom door was also dirty and while the bathroom was big, it had a corner jacuzzi tub and the shower was in that tub as well. Kind of strange and awkward to take a shower in the morning.
Breakfast is not included with the room...it's a 10$ price per person.
Not sure we would return on a future visit to Gatineau.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Ramada-info, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Here at the Ramada Plaza we view feedback as a gift and a way to improve and enhance upon each guest experience.

Your comments will be shared with the operations team members so that they are aware. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further comments or concerns.

We thank you again for taking the time to provide us with yours!

Looking forward to welcoming you again when your vacation or business travel brings you to the National Capital Area.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Sadly disapointed almost every time I go to this hotel bacause guests returning to their rooms at night (12AM to 4PM) from the nearby Casino or parties, are nosy in the corridors - talking loud, making noises, shouting. I raised this issue a few times and was met with very limited actions from the night satff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review.

We are very sorry to hear about your last experience with us. Here at the Ramada Plaza Gatineau by Wyndham, we have a team in place who truly care about each guest stay and want to ensure that from the check in process to departure that all runs smoothly. That being said, we are very disappointed to hear this feedback concerning the noise from other guest coming back from the Casino.

We do hope to see you again so that we can make sure that you receive the experience you expect and deserve.

Christine Cadieux, GM

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I like most travellers research travel locations and hotels by reading the Trip Advisor reviews good and bad, So having stayed at the Hotel many years ago,I bypassed the bad reviews and decided to stay here for two nights for a family member's wake and funeral being held in Wakefield, PQ. Checking in was okay the room was as expected, even though I booked through a third party online, I paid the full amount at the Hotel. This week was one of hottest week of the year, so staying at a Hotel made a lot of sense instead of imposing on other family members. My basic expectation of any Hotel is that after the first night the bed would be made, room cleaned and fresh towel laid out. To my surprize none of this transpired after we left for the wake. The cleaning staff did come to our room early and I told her that we were not ready for her yet and I requested a "Make up Room Sign" to hang on the door for her. She did not have one to give me, so she saw us when we were leaving so I thought she would clean the room. Upon returning at 1130 PM that night to a room not made up was way below what I was expecting. So here is where I start getting annoyed at how as a guest I was mishandled. I did report the incident to the night desk clerk and requested some new towels and a box of tissue, which was delivered to our room. The night clerk said that the Front Desk manager would be in that morning so I could make my concerns to him then, I told the clerk we were leaving early and if he gave me a business card I would contact the Front Desk Manager via email. I did email the Front Desk manager and had an email tag session with him over the issue of the unmade room. He advises that the I mislead the housekeeper by having her think that I didn't need the room done.just new towels. .I was told that my breakfast charges were reversed and there was nothing he could do about the room charges because I booked online with a third party and I was offered a free upgrade upon availability. My concern is that as a management team who was trained on customer service, would offer an upgrade and another free breakfast for my next stay, when in my opinion we have not resolved my original complaint. I have rambled on enough the bottom line is as a hotel guest regardless of who I booked the room though, I expected to have my room cleaned, towels changed etc, not shuffled off as just a complainer. I took all the required steps within the hospitality industry and in this case to no avail. In my defense, I never requested any charges be reversed or dropped, I expected this "High End Hotel management Team" to make this minor issue right. So the saga ends without resolution at this time.

Stayed: July 2018
5  Thank humster
Ramada-info, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

We are very sorry for your lost, our sincere condolences.

Our dedicated team work hard to make sure our guest have a renewing stay. I was surprised and sorry to read your comments about your disappointing experience and misunderstanding of your request by our room attendant. When you were informed by the Front office Manager that we could not reimbursed you because Expedia would not reverse the charge, this is the reality of dealing with a third party for all of our industry. If you would have made your reservation directly with us we had more options for you then your free upgrade and complimentary breakfast for a future stay. We hope this past stay does note deter you from staying with us again and redeem ourselves.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

We stayed for a long weekend and we had an excellent experience. The room was huge, well appointed with a fireplace and cosy sitting area. The jacuzzi tub was wonderfully relaxing. Breakfast was delicious with many options including fresh fruit and flaky, fresh croissants. The property was clean and inviting as were the staff from the front office staff to the lovely ladies in the breakfast room....all round great experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple