1,529 results
All reviews the executive lounge beautiful hotel arome restaurant lake view cigar lounge outdoor pool attached casino tennis courts mini bar ottawa area free parking king bed ottawa gatineau across the river cookies marble conference
Reviewed November 5, 2018

We have been coming to the Lac Lemy Hilton for a number of years and will continue to do so. The staff are professional and attentive. The facilities are upscale, warm and welcoming. The rooms are clean and quiet. This meets all our needs but being able to walk right over the the casino for our entertainment is an added bonus....OH and the food...the food!!!! Yum

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
FRC6446, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Bonjour krahlk1, Thank-you for your patronage and for sharing your comments. It's always a pleasure to welcome you back. François C.

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Truly a diamond, and welcome retreat after a long day. An upscale hotel with traditional decor, and surprisingly extremely quiet, even at peak occupancy. You will have a guaranteed restful sleeps with no street noise you find at other hotels. Rooms are spacious, clean and the lake view is highly recommended. Room service is rapid and good quality. The rooms are oddly still using incandescent light bulbs which are not bright enough for serious office work catch up in the evening. A coffee/bagel stop would be a welcome addition to the ground floor. I would recommend this hotel, even if your business is in Ottawa. The extra few minutes is worth the experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Bonjour David O, I am sorry to read that the lighting in your room was not convenient for evening work. Don't hesitate to let us know during your stay, I'm sure we could have found an extra light to add to your room...maybe next time :) Thank-you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you again.
François C.

Reviewed November 1, 2018

By far the best service in the region. We enjoyed a delicious supper and drinks in the lower lounge. The drinks were perfection and the food was amazing. Our server also brought us a beautiful anniversary cake when he discovered it was our anniversary.

Date of stay: July 2018
FRC6446, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Bonjour cstasia, Thank-you for sharing your experience. I'm happy you enjoyed the evening out and hope to see you again soon. Belated best wishes for your Anniversary! François

Reviewed October 29, 2018

My booking was from October 25 to October 28, 2018. I was assigned room 1120 and the room was paid by a conference organizer. This conference booked and paid for many rooms during the weekend, 4 other conference members were on my floor. I have concerns with the quality of the room. 1. the closet doors would not open properly, only 1 door worked. 2. the bathtub cannot accommodate a relaxing bath to an average size person (I am larger than average size) I would expect a Hilton room to have a decent bathtub, 3. the red chair and ottoman in my room was looking threadbare, not exactly a luxurious feeling. 4. the walls are paper thin, could hear people walking in the rooms next door and the hallway. And then there was the event on the 11th floor during the night of the 26th to the 27th. While I understand that staff could not have known it would happen to prevent it, I felt that residents of the 11th floor were very inconvenienced by what occurred and staff would have done well to acknowledge the occurrence with something better than a mere sorry when it was mentioned. Another client booked a room on the 11th floor that night to celebrate a birthday. Guests were rambunctious and loud. At 12:45 AM, the event became aggressive and violent with glass breaking in the hallway, people being tackled by police and taken away and cleanup (using vacuums) done in the middle of the night. As they collect your cell # to welcome you and text you in other ways, it may have been a good idea to text their guests who may have been affected to check to see if they were ok. I wrote them feedback after my stay suggesting they compensate all the guests who were made to live this unsettling occurrence in some form. I myself was unable to sleep for the night and was too scared to leave my room during the night. I refused to stay the following night even though the room was paid for. Due to the unbelievably unpleasant experience I will not stay there again. Their response to my feedback was to send me a $100 Hilton gift card which can be used at any Hilton. Let us understand correctly. The conference organizers were charged full price for the night with the occurrence, and the following night that I had vacated the room. Per night the cost was approx $200 per night. I get a gift card to use somewhere I will not go as compensation. This is just a continuation of a company that doesn't care about their clients...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Benjamin R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Hello Ms. Vicki M.

Thank you for sharing with us your experience at Hilton Lac-Leamy. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay.

A manager will try to contact you shortly to speak with you about your experience.

We hope to have the pleasure to talk with you soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

This hotel is part of a casino resort. Many restaurant options and evening activities. Close to downtown Ottawa whether you drive, rent a car or take transit. If you rent a car, you may park in the lot free of charge or valet for $20 CAD per night. The lot is well lit with lots of availability. The check in process is not as enthusiastic as you would expect from a property of this grandeur. They have a separate isle for Hilton Honors members but they are not prioritized. Take time to appreciate the art showcased around the hotel. There are beautiful, engaging pieces that you wish you could take home on the spot. The rooms are generous in size and well decorated and soundproof. A small coffee maker is provided. However, you need to request the mini bar key at check in. It is not automatically available. I would suggest that you bring your own water. You may purchase bottled water at the gift shop, but they are not always open. Post cards are available in the gift shop, but they do not sell stamps and there is no mailbox on site. Room service is available 24/7 and there are many common menu items to choose from. Late checkout must be requested morning of, not before. Be sure to get you keycard reprogrammed before you go back to your room if it is after the regular checkout time or else you will be locked out even if you are approved for late checkout. The room service staff is quite pleasant. The housekeeping staff is quite rigid and seem to be limited to just speaking French, so best to communicate through front desk. Or better yet, try your best to learn the language and speak French as often as you can. Bottom line, as a guest of this hotel, I didn’t really feel like a priority, more like I was interrupting their daily tasks. The hotel itself is lovely. The internet and cell phone reception is spotty.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Benjamin R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Bonjour Parimuu,

Thank you for giving us a review or you last stay with us. I would like to appologize for the lack of service that occured during your stay. I would like to discuss with you to make it right. Could you please contact us at 819-790-6444 to speak with a manager about your experience at Hilton Lac-Leamy?

I hope to hear from you soon and to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon to show you the real Hilton spirit.