“Big Disappointment”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2015 via mobile

Bland disappointing food. From being seen as #1 on trip advisor rating. .......it is definitely NOT good food.....not enough food on the plate to feed anyone and NO FLAVOR whatsoever. Medium rare steak came RARE and tough and no flavor... mashed potato.....no gravy. no butter, sliced mushroom and I think Sliced plantain for veggie. It was awful. Will not recommend nor go back there.......I guess when there are only 4, people in the restaurant total......there's a reason. A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Reviewed February 15, 2015

I had eaten here one time before and had left with a strange feeling that the older lady who was the hostess, waitress and acted like the owner was what I would call ungracious. But, I figured, that was just me and did not think much about it.

I ended up going back a number of years later this past fall - since this is supposed to be the nicest place to eat in Woodstock - there were several of us in our group, and we asked if we could sit in the back room facing the river. (The restaurant was not full at all that evening.) The same older lady was there and we were told no we could not sit in the larger dining room and had to sit on the (uncomfortable) wooden benches/booths.

The food was ok, but nothing that great, and I felt like it was expensive for what you got.

Again, this same older lady who acted like the manager/owner waited on us who had waited on me several years before. I did not say anything to the people I was with about my previous experience there, but once we left, one of the people in our party said that they found her ungracious and rude and pushy. She seemed to hover over the table and did not give us any privacy.

Well, I had kept my mouth shout from my first experience, so when one of the people in our party felt the same way I did from my first time there, I decided it was just not me.

I would not go back there again.

3  Thank Traveler06232009
Reviewed January 5, 2015

After travelling quite extensively, I must say, each dish is a delight. Fav's are bruschetta, any salmon dish, flatbreads and salads. I have never had even a so so meal, all have been stellar delights of flavour

Reviewed December 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been there many times. This is the first time I've been very disappointed. There was a new menu with new apps ( finally !). They were terrible. The bruschetta was terrible. Very strong and pungent in the worst way possible. After trying that I had lost my appetite. I tried a new dish , the vegetarian Moroccan inspired dish and added chicken. It looked disgusting like stew and it didn't taste wonderful. The final thing to top off the evening was the tiniest slice of chocolate cheese cake they gave us. Wow ! After visiting there many many times, I can safely say I will not return. I can cook better in my own kitchen , and I'll admit that I'm not a great cook. The service also wasn't great. Had our menus closed for a good 20 minutes before she asked for out main meal choices. She walked by us and looked at us about 5 times as she headed to the other room. Let's just say if you want to pay more be get good value head to the train in Bristol !!! I have no problem paying the price to dine there. Worth every penny !

Reviewed December 19, 2014

Excellent food, beautiful menu. Staff are very friendly. Definitely returning again. Next time I will be taking my best friend.