Friendly front desk with most being able to speak English fluently. Breakfast buffet, which ended at 10 a.m., consisted of cereal, juice, croissants, various breads, muffins, bananaa and a few other small items. Outdoor front patio with tables and umbrellas provided an elevated western view of Lac des Sables. It also provided an excellent view of the Festival Sainte-Agathe en Feux fireworks which was the best Canadian display in my opinion.
Now, the rooms were about 95% clean. There were a few spots missed here and there. Nothing serious. No bedbugs during our stay. The slow draining sink was outside of the bathroom. The bathroom consisted of a slow flushing toilet and a jacuzzi bathtub/shower head combination. The bathroom's exhaust fan was operated by a wall timer knob. The jacuzzi, which we did not use, was also timer wall operated.
The air conditioning was adequate and quiet enough for us to sleep comfortably. Our second floor suite entry door did not have a self closing device. We had to ensure the interior thumb latch was locked before we closed the door and exited the suite. Otherwise, anyone could have gotten in.
The hotel was close to the park where concerts was held. About a ten minute walk. The drive north into the small downtown area was about five minutes. The walk would have been about twenty to twenty five minutes.
There was one day where the cook didn't show up and there was no lunch or dinner served. The nearest luxury spa hotel was called Watel which was a five minute walk south where they had a better dining room with a cook.
Best to compare the Watel with the Auberge and see which one suits your taste. Going into the downtown area would be a better option for food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer 3 types of rooms, Classique with Double or Queen bed, single theraputic bath, shower, lake view. Superior with Queen or 2 Double beds, double therapuric bath, corner shower, gas fireplace,table and chairs,lake view. Studio with Queen bed, Queen sofa bed, double theraputic bath, corner shower, tables and chairs, fully equiped kithennette, wood burning fireplace, lake view. All rooms include continental breakfast. Our in house Restaurant LE 2-30 welcomes you as well as well as guests from the surrounding areas. Come and ENjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Auberge du Lac des Sables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Du Lac Des Sables Hotel Sainte Agathe Des Monts
- Auberge Du Lac Des Sables Sainte Agathe Des Monts, Quebec