“Not Impressed”

Burlington, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I am not sure if it was my high expectations from reading all the good reviews or what. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the owner who was also our waitress. She really tried to push us to get the all you can eat for 23 bucks each but we didn't want to over eat so we ordered the sesame chicken and the chicken tep.... or something like that. The sesame chicken was not good at all. The sauce reminded me of some type of jam the texture was horrible, really thick and there was tons of it. The wife hated it, but was a good sport and ate half of it and I got stuck with the rest. My meal was good nothing special just good. We also had the NY rolls(6) and they were good as well. The total cost for that dinner and two beers was $42.00. It just didn't feel right at the end, like you didn't get your moneys worth. No idea why its so highly rated but it was a disappointment.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank johnyak

“Great stuff”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Very full ate way to much lol it was fantastic and great servicE

Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
“My first visit, but not my last”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Definitly more than raw fish on the menu. All we tried were excellent. The food looked as delicious as it tasted. I may not be a huge sushi fan, but I will go back to enjoy the many other dishes offered. Service was fast and Annie is the best.

• Visited March 2012
“Best sushi in the valley!!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

When I moved home from Toronto I thought I would never have good sushi again! This place is great! Service was excellent and quality was exceptional!

Pembroke, Canada
“A must stop when on the road! Try it out Pembroke and Valley residents!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I always stop here on my way home from Ottawa and order take out, and sometimes make a special trip from home. The sushi and maki rolls are delicious. You can get raw or cooked fish. I get one of each. It's great for the dieters out there too. A little gem tucked away in Renfrew.

• Visited March 2012