See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast and price for breakfast special! We popped in on a Saturday morning. Fun decor, clean restaurant and friendly staff.
Sharon our waitress was attentive and provided great service!
We had the junior breakfast- 5.99 2 eggs, toast, hash browns and sausage. Tea is extra.
The Rocky Mountain breakfast 6.99 was our other selection- 2 eggs, 2 slices ham, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, toast, home fries and beans.
It was all vey good. Only note is beans are tinned, home fries are good but not homemade and the ham is sliced deli style. All tasty but FYI for Breakfast connoisseur's.
Loved the linen napkins:)
Overall great breakfast for the price!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2016

Nothing spectacular about the room. Not enough to pillows and took forever to get hot water in the shower. We were in the end unit, annoying outside light on all night.
Slept decent until 3am when a group of loud-mouth drunks decided to hang around outside the room.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Brkrgirl
Reviewed September 1, 2016

My wife and I stayed there a couple of years ago in the Fall. I booked the hotel room on the basis of the glowing reports about the restaurant...........I'll get back to that.
Upon arrival at the motel, the reception seemed somewhat disorganized, but eventually we got to our room. It was on the ground floor in the corner of the facility. It was very old looking and somewhat dark in decor. Not inviting at all. All we really wanted was a comfy bed for the night and a nice meal after our long and indirect route from Toronto.
We freshened up and went to the restaurant which was busy. We chose the signature Schnitzel as reports said it was the thing to eat. What a disappointment. We found the whole meal bland and tasteless. I have no idea why people say it's so fantastic.
So we returned to our room to sleep. My wife screams from the bathroom as she saw a huge centipede. I went in there and managed to kill it. We got into separate beds and switched off the light. My wife switched on the light shortly afterward and saw all sorts of bugs crawling on my bed. She woke me, but I was so tired I basically fell back asleep. She ended up leaving the light on because the bugs hid from the light. She hardly slept all night because of the knowledge that there were bugs in the room.
I can think of no single thing which I could recommend about The Rocky Mountain.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Martin T
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

We went to Rocky Mountain House for a fix of schnitzel. They never disappoint and Saturday night was no exception. The schnitzel is hot, crispy on the outside, and flavourful. We both had Hans Favourite which is filled with mozzarella and Black Forest ham. Yum. I like their mashed potatoes and gravy. Old fashioned and rub sticking in my mind, but my husband opts for the salad. The steamed veggies were also nice- not overcooked! We had potato skins for appetizers and they were a generous portion - lots for sharing. Also tasty and hot! Everyone gets a warm bun (yum) and coleslaw (just average) to start. Dessert was good. I like bread pudding and the rum caramel sauce is mild and just right on the sweet scale. My husband said the brownie and ice cream was fine. Only four stars as this place is old and a bit tired in decor. Tables and floors need updating so they look cleaner and fresher. Service was friendly and attentive.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2016

got my room. there was no air conditioning so at 11pm they switched me rooms which was better. very accommodating. not the fanciest place though. i travel alone i wouldnt take my family here . have stayed before and will probably stay again

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo