“Best Fish & Chips ever!”
Review of Perks Fish

Perks Fish
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Nobel
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have driven by Perks for years on our way to & from Killbear Provincial Park. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor and speaking to other campers, we decided to give it a try. The fish and chips were fantastic. Made from fresh caught Georgian Bay fish. We had the pickerel. The dinner is fairly expensive but one dinner was plenty for two of us. My husband talked to Bryan, the owner about the business. He has a 70 ft. Commercial fishing vessel. We will have to try the daily smoked fish. Bryan told my husband, Ken that most of the fish he catches goes to New York City. We took our meal back to our campsite but there are picnic tables at Perks . If you stop in, take time to talk to the owners,who are willing and enthusiastic to talk about their business!

Date of visit: July 2014

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I live in the area but don't eat out here very often as there simply are not many good restaurants in Parry Sound. However, if you can call a chip stand eating out I really look forward to my stop each week on the way to my dump run. The food is always amazingly fresh, succulent juicy fish with a light batter which perfectly compliments the texture. The fries are real home cut style and the coleslaw and tartar also homemade. The prices are very reasonable and service is friendly. Get over the "mom and pop shack" look and stop for a great treat.

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank angusmc
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have been camping at Killbear Park for many years and Perks is our routine stop. Don't expect a cheap price but expect a GREAT meal. Bryan, the owner, is quite a character. His family has been in the are since 1842 and he knows what he is talking about. He gave us some good tips for fishing lakers in the local waters which I hope to try out in the next few weeks. Bryan also has on site parking for trailers at a reasonable price and we decided, due to Perks being only a couple of kilometres for park entrance, it would be a great place to leave our pop-up. Bryan lives on location and has cameras installed so we feel good about leaving it there. Bryan's restaurant facility is clean and well taken care of....not a low class fish n' chips place. The Fishwhich is a good deal but the "Fish n' Chips" can't be beat....your choice of fish and the chips are very good. Did I mention he is just a great, energetic guy? I can just hope I have his energy at 70 years old. In July and August expect to be in a lineup to get your food.

Date of visit: May 2014