After staying at blueberry lake below is a copy of the email I sent to the management in July 2011 - to which I was never given a response...
Attn General Manager,
This year for our annual trip we came across the Blueberry Lake Resort and decided that it would be a fabulous vacation destination for our families. The eight of us stayed in chalet #** and it was absolutely beautiful. The chalet was well equipped, had lots of space and was immaculately kept. Check-in was smooth and quick. We were very pleased with our vacation choice for the price we paid; however, as time passed a few different challenges arose.. We were surprised and disappointed by the lack of green space and the lack of access/view of the lake. Based on the website and information online we falsely believed that we would be able to enjoy the scenery of the lake from the chalet or been able to sit while the children played outside on our private lot.
The indoor pool was good and was the perfect size for two families, however, we were sad that the hours were so limited. Also there was broken tile and unfinished tile in the pool area.
On the second morning of our trip we were disappointed to find out that we did not have the complimentary golf cart that we had requested and that was listed on our reservation. It would have made the visit much easier as we had mobility issues with 2 two-year olds, a four-year and a five-year old. The limited green space and lack of direct lake access required us to move out of the chalet for each activity and they were distant.
The lake was beautiful, although smaller than expected and we were disappointed that with so many rental units that there was only one canoe and that the row boat was in a less-than desirable condition. We were fortunate to be able to have used the canoe after a wait and some confusion.
On our last evening we opted to enjoy the whirlpool tubs, only to discover that the tub jets were not working in either tub. The cabin owner might also like to know that there is a stain on the couch in the basement, a broken chair on the balcony and one on their dock, and a burn hole in their outdoor table. We did mention this to your staff but just wanted to ensure that you received the message.
It seems that although the resort was lovely and enjoyable whenever we opted to utilize the extra amenities or listed perks we came across challenges. Each challenge in itself was small and we were able to work around them but by the end of our stay it had all added up to a larger frustration by us all.
Thank-you for listening to our concerns.
A response would be much appreciated.
Overview - Cabin is good, but there is issues with quality and care - for example broken chairs, non-working soaker tubs. No green space outside of the cabin. Although it was a lakeview cabin, no actual view of the lake. The extra services they list are not actually offered or are VERY limited (ie one canoe for all the people on the resort to use, pool hours very restricted, etc). Lake is very small. Overall though I was disappointed with the managements lack of response to our concerns.
I would have returned again at the price we paid (199/night ish) as it was a decent vacation but after the lack of response from management I would not return now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than just an escape to nature, Blueberry Lake provides guests with accommodation in luxury log chalets, first-class service and all modern amenities, high-speed Internet and 42" plasma screen TVs. In addition to the onsite fine-dining restaurant, gourmet chefs can be scheduled to prepare fine cuisine for guests in the comfort of their own chalet. 25 minutes north of Mont Tremblant, tucked away in one of nature's most beautiful landscapes, Blueberry Lake awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blueberry Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blueberry Lake Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Blueberry Lake Resort Mont Tremblant, Quebec