“Flawless dining experience”

Ranked #20 of 159 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Price range: US$11 - US$42
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant La Quintessence & Winebar, rated Four Diamond by CAA and AAA, is a must in Tremblant. The Chef and his team pride themselves on delivering an extraordinary culinary experience in a warm ambience. Artfully blending styles and flavours, the regional cuisine is rooted in Nordic influences with French tradition. The menu features the finest ingredients from local producers paired with an award-winning wine list.
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a romantic dinner in this establishment and found that we were the first to try the new menu. The Macarel appetizer was exceptionally creative and complex. I enjoyed the cod and my wife enjoyed the quail - both were outstanding and cooked to perfection with impeccable presentation. The service was attentive, yet appropriately "in the background", permitting uninterrupted conversation and appreciation for the rich and complex tastes the chef provided us. The evening was a pleasant temperature with rain slowly moving in, providing a cozy atmosphere for the restaurant patrons. It was one of the nicest top-level restaurant experiences I have enjoyed for a number of years. My compliments to the chef, the servers, and the restaurant management for a perfect execution of an ideal restaurant experience. We will return soon for an encore.

Q_S_F_MT, Responsable des relations publiques at Restaurant La Quintessence, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear gest TexasTravel59,
We thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Thank you for your detailed comments. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed a nice romantic dinner.
Your comments were shared with the Chef and his team.
With best regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2018

This restaurant is not very large, richly decorated and with an amazing terrace and view of Lake Tremblant; it is located in a top hotel bearing the same name in a lake front location.
The night we visited (a group of ten), we saw deer near its front entrance. The setting is romantic and the food very good though on the expensive side both for food and drinks (wine).
For my meal, I enjoyed the tomato-based tasting bite offered by the house, had onion soup as an appetizer and the striped bass plate for main. The food was very good and we had a fun evening in the group.

Dear gest Joseph G,
We thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Thank you for your constructive comments. We are glad that you and your group have enjoyed your dinner.
With best regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2018

Atmosphere was very good but it was downhill after that. Let's be honest a 5 time mark up on wine is beyond acceptable. Service was adequate but more is expected given the price point. Food was very flavourful but the portions were extremely small for the price paid I would avoid the Cesar salad unless you really really really like salad dressing. Overall I have never written a review after a dining experience having been to many good and not so good restaurants across the world but this time I couldn't resist. As a very successful entrepreneur, I would suggest to management look to improve the game or consider changing the brand. Time to create more value for the customer?

1  Thank Unsatisfied234
Q_S_F_MT, Responsable des relations publiques at Restaurant La Quintessence, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Good day,
We are sorry to learn you did not enjoy your dinner experience. In order inform the Trip advisors readers: we do not mark up our wines 5 times. We value constructive comments. However, we do not take into consideration negative comments like yours which that type of title (with a pseudonym 'Unsatisfied234').
Management Team

Reviewed April 15, 2018

The restaurant is a very romantic place, delicious food and very good service. I celebrated my birthday here. I loved it. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The restaurant has a unique view at sunset. It is very fancy, and the service is first class. The food is delicious; the oysters are fresh, and the foie is to die for. The Tarte Pure Quebec is an essential to finish your experience.

Q_S_F_MT, Responsable des relations publiques at Restaurant La Quintessence, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Dear guest 'Santiago F'',
Thank you for sharing your comments about your dinner experience. Your comments were shared with the Q team. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the quality of the food served.
Kind regards,