Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Mont Tremblant Activity Centre
from US$143.67
from US$161.03
from US$98.58
from US$262.55
More Info
All reviews white water rafting wooded area any age family vacation activities tremblant instructions skiing zip village winter participants instructor lines resort
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2020 via mobile

My wife and I have zip lined in Hawaii, Roatan, the Caribbean and thought that this would be a similar experience.

There were a total of 10 participants on this zip line of 18 lines. We were given brief initial instructions and then hiked about 15 minutes through a very rugged path crossing streams etc. before reaching the first line. First danger: There should be a very thorough review of health as well as proper footwear required for this type of hike.

The instructor showed each participant how to connect to the test line; how to brake and how to move their carbanour through the guide wire. He then sent the first family through and then my wife and I. That was the last time we saw the one and only guide that was up in this dense remote wooded area. My wife seriously injured her leg when attempting a landing on one of the platforms. We were only about halfway through the course. There was no sign of the family behind us, and the family in front of us was long gone. The family behind us had a younger son, and was struggling with the first line, and we believe that the instructor was with that family. We struggled through the remaining zip lines, then had to hike down to the entrance area. There wasn’t a single person waiting at the end of the course.

At very minimum, there should have been two guides on this tour. One in front and one behind to ensure that all riders safely went through the course. This is the first and only time I’ve ever experienced a single guide with such a large group.

Although it was a beautiful setting, we definitely did not enjoy the experience and are just thankful we were able to get out safely and return to civilization. This is way out from Tremblant; about 45 minutes on rough roads around a lake.

Mont Tremblant Activity Centre needs to investigate why there is not proper safety at an activity they arrange and promote.

Date of experience: September 2020
Experience814813, General Manager at Mont Tremblant Activity Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2020

Thanks very much for letting us know. We're very sorry that you had trouble on the course. We have looked into it to explain the situation. There were 2 guides with you, but since your family did really well on the practice course, had done ziplines before, and asked to go first as you were in a rush because you had restaurant reservations, our guides let you go first.

Our guides were with slower guests never caught back up to you.

I would add that since our course is "continuous lifeline"(no way to unclip or get off the course), and relatively small with only 16 zips, it is unusual for participants and guides not to catch up to each other.

We have passed your comments on to our head guide to ensure this is avoided in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2020

We made reservations online for our family vacation. We were told a confirmation email would follow. When none did we wrote them and then called them to be told that the website was not connected with the office reservations and that they needed to process our request individually, which they did but forgot to write us. The activity was canceled and we were disappointed as it was the family highlight!

Date of experience: August 2020
Experience814813, General Manager at Mont Tremblant Activity Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2020

This seems very unusual. We will look into it and get back to you as soon as we can. ----- We have looked into all our zipline reservations through Tripadvisor and none match the circumstances described. Please contact us so we can get to the bottom of it and make amends.

Reviewed August 23, 2020

- Note that this was my second time doing Via Ferrata, having done it once before 5 years ago elsewhere:

- COVID measures: We were told masks were for our own precaution on the trail (i.e. not mandatory), and that not all the handles on the VF course could be fully disinfected at all times. We were provided lots of sanitizer, and our equipment was disinfected before and after. Overall, very satisfied with the measures put in place.

- Guide (Alix? Alex?): Extremely friendly and funny - deserves a raise for sure.

- Price: I believe we paid $55 for the 2 hour course (not including ziplining/tyrolienne), which I thought was very, very well worth-it.

- Course: We did the Beginner/Intermediate level course - scary at times but definitely exhilarating. My friend who was 5' 3" had just a slightly more difficult time than I did (I'm 5' 7"), but it was obviously still very fun. I believe we did a 15 minute hike, 90 minutes of the VF course, and 20 minutes at the summit, followed by a 10 minute hike downwards. Definitely bring a bottle of water. Great views of the surroundings.

I'm very surprised this place only has two reviews, but definitely well worth your money for sure.

1  Thank ashtoncmathias
Experience814813, General Manager at Mont Tremblant Activity Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2020

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it our via-ferrata. Not sure why you only see 2 reviews. There have been some big changes with the viator/Trip advisor platform. We have been operating it since 2016 years. We offer via ferrata in winter as well.

Reviewed August 22, 2020 via mobile

We had a great time white water rafting, mostly because of our guide, Gilles. The Rouge River in August is not the most exhilarating River, mostly class 2 and 3, but Gilles made a real effort to hit all the rapids and back up into them so we could “surf” on the rapids. He really accommodated our family’s desire to get some thrills without taking it over the top. Really recommend this trip for any families.

Thanks for the post! Guides are a really, really important part of outdoor adventures. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Gilles.

Reviewed August 11, 2020

This package is great for people to enjoy both activities together. Zipnile is quite fun (first one is about 900m and the 2nd one is around 600 m). For our family, more fun was the Via Ferratta part. Initially, I was thinking that this activity is going to require a lot of upper body strength but it turns out that there are only a couple of places where you are actually hanging a little backward so anyone in decent shape should be able to do this activity (you don't need to be lifting 200lbs at gym to participate in this one)

Date of experience: August 2020
Experience814813, General Manager at Mont Tremblant Activity Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2020

Thanks for your comment. Yes, this is not an easy activity. In our descriptions we describe it as "challenging", and "physically demanding", but I like your specific point about upper body strength. We have added this text in.