My husband and I have had the fortune to stay at the Ermitage du Lac about 10 times now, in both late summer and in winter, and we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. This time was a particularly special trip to Mont Tremblant as we were married at the Quintessence hotel there in January. It also meant that our group took 5 rooms in the hotel for differing periods of time within the three weeks that we stayed there.
From the time of booking, where we requested a particular room due to the nature of our trip this time and went through every booking for the party including room types and dates, the front of house staff (special mention to Johanne, Johanne and Francine) were very helpful and not to mention incredibly patient - this is everything we've come to know of them and expect from them. They're always on hand to find out how everything is with out stay, what we've been up to, to offer advice and recommendations and whether there's anything they can do for us.
Everyone in the party appreciated the all day free coffee (it really helps with the jet lag!), the buffet breakfast which makes a great start to the day, the ski valet (great job up there by Ghislain, JC and Benoit) which is an inspired idea, the comfortable and spacious accommodation and the hot tub to soothe away the aches of the day.
The hotel is perfectly located about 2 minutes walk from the Cabriolet (small gondola which takes you to the base of the mountain) but away from a lot of the bustle of the place which makes it peaceful and relaxing.
The only thing slight negative point I would echo is the commentary in other reviews regarding the housekeeping which does only consist of changing towels daily and bedding less frequently. When the temperatures are cold outside, grit is spread to reduce the chance of guests falling over all around the resort. The grit is easily caught in the soles of boots and shoes and ends up all over the room floor. However, we found that simply asking for the room to be vacuumed sorted the issue quickly.
I also agree with comments regarding the exorbitant cost of Wifi, but this is not particular to the hotel, it is all around Trembalnt and it is the resort which needs to address this, and urgently, in my view. The hotel does have a PC in the lobby for guests to use. There are, however, a couple of places in the resort which do offer free wifi.
I would recommend to anyone heading to Tremblant to check out the Ermitage. I have stayed at plenty of other condos and hotels in the many years I have been travelling to Tremblant and would not even look at any of the others next year, in the same way that neither I nor anyone in my regular skiing party of 6 looked at any other accommodation option than the Ermitage this year. The hotel and staff consistently deliver and going there feels like going home. Thanks to you all for making our special trip so special this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in Tremblant between two lakes and surrounded by lush scenery, Ermitage du Lac is an idyllic spot for a couple retreat. Get closer in the upscale atmosphere of chic, contemporary urban design, with lots of room to stretch out and relax. Enjoy your romantic getaway in this clean, serene boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ermitage Du Lac Tremblant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ermitage Du Lac Tremblant Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Ermitage Du Lac Tremblant Mont Tremblant, Quebec