“Quiet but good food”

Montague's Eatery & Lounge
Ranked #28 of 49 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Description: We are a full service bar and family-friendly restaurant with a focus on offering healthier choices. Our burgers, breakfast sausage, ham and bacon are supplied by Meadowbrook Farms in the Annapolis Valley and are antibiotic and hormone free. Our coffees are Organic blends from Just Us coffee roasters in New Minas, NS.
Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

I chose this restaurant as it seemed to suit my style. Not fancy but many local also eating here.
Good friendly service for dinner. I chose the 2 piece fish and chips and to be honest should have chosen the 1 piece. Excellent fresh flaky and not over done haddock. Fries were crispy and fresh and coleslaw was excellent. Not creamy which was wonderful.
I would definitely come back.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed November 1, 2016

At the outset of my three-week visit to Lunenburg, I was delighted to discover Montague's Eatery & Lounge, nestled right off the lobby of Smugglers Cove Inn and a 30 second walk to the water. This restaurant's initial appeal comes from its view of the Bay, its clean, bright atmosphere, and the warm welcome extended by the friendly, helpful staff. Chef Richard's menus (breakfast, lunch, dinner, & brunch on the weekend) feature only made-to-order dishes brimming with fresh ingredients. Richard literally does not use any processed foods in his recipes and most dishes are also salt free. The freshness comes through in every bite and reminds me of what good restaurant food used to taste like before the advent of fast food. The coffee is ground from locally imported beans and served piping hot, while the selection of mouth-watering omelettes and traditional breakfast dishes will definitely challenge the indecisive. For lunch and dinner, there is the surprise of a daily special and homemade soup, but I can’t seem to get past the seafood chowder, spinach salad (balsamic/mint dressing), and baked salmon with perfectly steamed fresh vegetables. Well, maybe not quite. I do enjoy the fish and chips (unparalleled) and the old fashioned hamburger with homemade fries or salad are as good as any I've had on five continents. The Wi-Fi is free, there are colouring options for all ages, and pre-schoolers can count on a couple of old wooden puzzles. Who knew? Lunenburg's status as a protected UNESCO Heritage Site is responsible for the quiet, smog-free surroundings, but Montague’s extra value is all about the knowledgeable, healthful quality that Chef Richard infuses into everything he serves.

2  Thank Dr V S
Reviewed October 30, 2016

We've been in a few times for breakfast. It's my new favourite breakfast spot in Lunenburg! The breakfast is large and filling. I love that my omelette came with a fruit bowl. Very refreshing! You don't feel hurried at all, which I really appreciate.

Reviewed October 30, 2016

From the cold of the harbor into a cozy, friendly eatery we had a very nice breakfast in Lunenburg. Friendly staff en good, quick service.

1  Thank Bert W
Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

It's hard to fine good food while travelling. Service and food was good . Located next to our lodging we were offered discount coupons for breakfast that basically pay for the coffee but it was a nice gesture . The breakfast by the way was good