“We had tea!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Lunenburg
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Kate's is a well established independently owned and operated fast casual cafe that prides itself on making everything it sells. That includes all our soups, chowders, salads, breakfast and lunch sandwiches as well as our , fishcakes, fish burger, paninis and daily quiche. We source as many of our ingredients from local, organic suppliers as possible. All of our beautiful pasteries ( and we have a lot!) are made fresh daily on site. We serve only organic, fairly trades coffee, espresso drinks and teas. Gosh, not only the Kombucha and bottled fruit juices are organic but so are some of our soft drinks! Come and join us for a yummy breakfast, delicious lunch or tasty snack. We have try to take care of our vegetarian and vegan guests too and have some gluten free options. Get a discount when you use your re-useable coffee mug, a complimentary water bottle fill up and see all the innovative things we have done that won us the Best Green Restaurant in Nova Scotia award. Thanks
Reviewed June 25, 2016

Wonderful pastries and baked goods and a delightful cup of tea in a lovely setting! What more could I ask for?

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

I am a lover of cheesecakes but this Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake has won my heart.

The cafe ambiance is very welcoming to every type of traveler whether couples or families. Great service as well!

Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

And the caramel chocolate square I had was fresh and oh so sweet! Staff was friendly and efficient. Lots of menu choices both savoury and sweet.

Reviewed June 18, 2016

I really want to love this place. The coffee is good, it’s frequently open, and they don’t mind how long you linger over hot drinks or lunches.

They offer flavourful salads, delicious soups, and tempting pastries. The staff are pleasant, if sometimes a bit harassed-looking. During busy hours, more staff might be a good idea.

The reason I can’t give this place a higher rating is that there are sometimes lapses in quality control. My friend found a hair in her otherwise-delicious panini (ugh) and some cake I bought to take home had a spot of mould on the bottom. (Cakes made fresh to order for occasions are generally good; just check to be sure whatever writing you want on the cake is there before you leave the shop.)

If Kate’s can become more vigilant with things like expiry dates and hair nets, this will be a town treasure. It’s often full in the summer, so I assume many people have not experienced problems. If they can keep the food is as clean and fresh as it is tasty, this will be a good place to visit in Lunenburg.

Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

The sweets are addicting and the lattes Devine. A most do for the person with a sweet tooth. Located on the main St it's very accessable