“Very good- husband loved muesli”
Review of The Savvy Sailor

The Savvy Sailor
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Savvy Sailor Cafe is licensed and has great selection of both traditional and fresh new breakfast and lunch fairs. Views overlooking the UNESCO town harbour.
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

I got Savvy Brekkie and good - mashed potato cake was kind of different- tasted like it had sour cream in it? Husband loved muesli and rhubarb compote- too sour for me... good coffee and service.

1  Thank suzannesg

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Nice place, nice location......located among many restaurants and shops and over-looking the waterfront.

To begin....service somewhat slow, but good.

My wife had a Scallop Po Boy....had 4 scallops on it....flavor good.

I had the Smoked Salmon Panini with cream cheese, capers and arugula. I have smoked a lot of salmon in my day.....this did not come close....maybe they waived it over the smoker (and on the way lost some of the salmon as there wasn't much of it). And, I'm not sure there were many, if any, capers on it.

Total bill was $32.20....and we didn't even have any drinks!!!!

Somewhat of a disappointment, especially given the many good TA reviews....maybe we just ordered the wrong items.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Had a nice lunch here in late October. The weather was so beautiful, they had their patio open! The views of the harbour are spectacular. My partner and I both had the beet salad with scallops. Very tasty and you get about 6 scallops. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

My girlfriend and I had to check out the Savvy Sailor when we arrived to Lunenburg due to recommendations from friends (and of course tripadvisor). The view from the balcony in itself is worth the trip! The prices were very reasonable and the portion sizes were generous. However, what really distinguished this restaurant was there service. Brooke and Peter were assisting us during our lunch and were excellent. They both were willing to engage with us and seemed genuinely interested in our trip. They were very helpful in recommending "must see's" in the Lunenburg area. It was a great experience and their advice really did pay off. Thanks Brooke and Peter!

Taylor and Katie

Reviewed October 21, 2017

After an unexpected early wake up by fire alarms at Smuggers Cove Inn, we headed to the Savvy Sailor for breakfast. We were tired & cranky when we arrived but very happy & cheerful when we left. The french toast & bacon were D-lish! Jam was too! Beautiful view of the morning sun on the water & boats. Great attitude adjustment place & delicious food!