“Nice Spot to Shop and have Coffee”
Review of Shop on the Corner

Shop on the Corner
Ranked #14 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: Soups
Description: A unique cafe and specialty shop. On site coffee roasting by Laughing Whale Coffee Roasters makes for the freshest coffee in Lunenburg. Pastries and simple lunches served in our attractive cafe. Specialty foods, fresh olive oils and balsamic vinegars from our tasting bar along with colourful Mexican ceramics, kitchenware, Lug travel accessories and much more make visiting our Shop an experience!
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The Shop on the Corner have a nice selection of kitchen gadgets, spices, coffee beans, and make a very good latte.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I try and get here 2 to 3 times a week. For me they make the best decaf Cappuccino, when I want to eat there is always a light lunch or a sweet treat, especially the carrot cake. Service is friendly and I don't know how you could be disappointed.

vicki b, Owner at Shop on the Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Thank you so much! We appreciate your comments very much and we are very pelase that you enjoy our cafe. :-)

Reviewed 10 December 2016

I had heard about The Shop on the Corner from several friends who had visited Lunenburg and my visit didn't disappoint! Probably the best coffee in Nova Scotia outside Halifax (and it competes with most places there). There were a great selection of croissants, muffins and other munchies to go with your java.

What's more the Shop has a good selection of local crafts and interesting knickknacks and the overall ambiance was friendly and just plain interesting!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

This place roasts their own coffee, bakes deserts and has amazing cooking gear and olive oil for sale. It's very quaint and friendly, a great place to relax. There is sidewalk seating in the summer!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

WiFi: Yes
Espresso: Yes, very good
We had breakfast here the first morning in Lunenburg.
My sweetheart and I both had my submitted pictured pastry with an egg in the middle (It came like that, there are no modifications). Not really very good…questioned the wonderfully nice staff and was told nothing is baked in the store but brought in from bakery’s. The pastry we chose and pictured is microwaved when ordered. The pastry had very little taste, was warm but the egg was a ‘rock’.
Unable to truly enjoy that selection, we then elected to try a heated Cinnamon Swirl. It was significantly better, but still lacked that straight from the oven bakery freshness and taste.
The Laughing Whale is a very nice, clean place, with a very nice staff, but I, sadly, would not recommend it for breakfast.