“Homemade Ice Cream - Yum!”

Sweet Treasures Confectionery
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Lunenburg
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Stopped in here for some ice cream and were happily surprised to find they had homemade options. Portions were huge and you had the option of splitting a single portion into two flavours which was great. I had strawberry and pistachio and my husband had vanilla and strawberry. The strawberry was my favourite. It was also my first waffle cone and that was very yummy as well. Service was excellent. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a sweet treat and choose their home made flavors - the orange chocolate was superb ! Just like the chocolate oranges I remember from childhood ! Not too sweet, either !

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I insist upon stopping at local candy and ice cream stores when visiting towns, so I obviously had this place on my list when visiting the lovely town of Lunenburg.

The homemade ice cream was ok, but didn't compare to "homemade" ice creams that I've had elsewhere. It's on par with store bought ice cream, which is still pretty good, but nothing memorable. This stop has a reasonably large selection of ice cream flavours, but a smaller selection of candy. There's nothing very exciting going on here, but nothing is really bad either.

I had my ice cream in a waffle bowl, with a little bit of chocolate syrup, and M&Ms. Like I said, it wasn't bad, but also wasn't anything to swoon over. For some reason that was entirely unclear to us, I was offered toppings on my ice cream, but my boyfriend was not (despite also getting two scoops in a bowl).

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to this place three times while we visited Lunenberg and really loved it. The line was out the door everytime we went and the ice cream was really good and tasted homemade. The counter staff were pleasant and worked through the crowds quickly and efficiently. It's also a neat little place in an old building with a table in the window that you can sit at. Great little ice cream shop that I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I am a frequent customer of Sweet Treasures every summer and I just love they're homemade ice cream (especially pistachio). This business has been a staple in Lunenburg for 20 years and continues to impress.
I actually had a rare opportunity to watch the owner make a batch of their peanut butter ice cream from scratch which is a neat process to see. This is the real deal for small batch homemade ice cream!