“Dinner”

Chakalaka Bar & Grill
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Ladysmith
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Three adults & 2 children for dinner. We all had different meals & all enjoyed it very much. The service was very good & is nicely renovated. Want to go back on a night they have live music

Reviewed August 8, 2017

For over a year now,I would always say to myself as I drove out to Nanaimo airport to catch my flight, that on my way back ,I must stop in and check out this place!"

Of course ,that never happened until last month when I was picking up friends at the airport and chose this time to visit Chakalaka....it is just a few minutes from the airport.

To be quite honest,I was taking my chances for sure as this building had seen a few owners over the last while yet never seemed to gain many brownie points from patrons.

But this time,it was very different and a pleasant surprise!
Chakalaka definitely is not the average bar & grill at all!....the ambiance and decor is welcoming and eye catching...a lovely place for a relaxing lunch on the patio or an evening out for a special occasion....inside,booths and tables make it enjoyable for everyone and the prices are quite reasonable.

The menu offers Greek cuisine but also has a varied menu to satisfy any appetitive.
The service is what impressed me too....our server was friendly and fun...it was easy to see that she enjoyed her job which is so refreshing to see in the business of the restaurant world of today.
I am looking forward to visiting Chakalaka before summer is out for a delicious evening out with friends for dinner.
Kudos to Chakalaka !....you are a winner in my books!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Finally. A local restaurant that makes their own food, uses local produce and cares about what they serve you! Homemade bread, real potatoes for french fries, good balance of protein done to perfection. You actually taste the title of you entree, not an overdone amount of filler to save money. My wife and I have been twice and had a chicken club, fish and chips, and chicken burger. Real breast of chicken done very tender, moist and tasty. Can't wait to try their ribs:-) Service was very good and pleasant. If you like music as part of the ambience and have a discerning taste, open mike night is not for you.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

We randomly decided to go out for lunch one day so we thought we'd try Chakalaka Bar &Grill and all three of us totally enjoyed our meals. My husband had the special of the day and it was so large, he had to take half of it home with us. I had the mini spanakopitas with greek salad and they were fabulous and our daughter totally enjoyed the halibut and chips. The service was excellent and the prices are great.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

On our way to Nanaimo from Ladysmith we stopped at a cedar joinery shop on the side of the highway just off the Cedar Rd, and then noticed this restaurant, being Sunday and around 1045 we decided to go and get some breakfast - our we glad we did! It offers from 10am to 2pm a wonderful buffet, not just the normal eggs benedict, which were great but seafood, sausages, made to order omelettes some really good baked ham and an interesting beef dish. The service was first class and the owners/staff went out of their way to ensure that we enjoyed what they had to offer. The fresh fruit was also excellent and the home made muffins almost worth the trip.
The cost? $37.80 for two, but overall good value for the price.