All reviews vegetable garden vancouver island nanaimo airport quiet property an early morning flight local artists community garden balcony overlooking large bathroom wedding weekend birds nest wonderful spot enjoyed our stay gracious hosts oysters off the highway included breakfast
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I found myself feeling very ill and in danger of falling asleep at the wheel of my car when I noticed the sign saying 'Kiwi Cove' Lodging. I arrived in terrible shape but Peggy was gracious and welcoming. I was pleased to find superb quality and cleanliness mixed with a cozy country comfort, with beauty inside and out! Soaking in the outdoor hot tub and looking over the Kiwi vines to the mountains allowed me to relax totally and begin my recovery.

I noticed the trails through the ten acres, as I soaked again in the morning after a sound sleep in the quiet atmosphere. Usually I find food away from home difficult to eat but Peggy produced an exquisite fruit and yogurt dish with fresh kiwi and orange on the side which satisfied me completely...even the herb tea was special. I enjoyed being immersed in a few of the excellent books available- one on seaweeds that was new to me --the best I've seen-- and others about the local flora and fauna, as well as lots of first-hand information on how to succeed with Kiwi-growing. I made good use of the handy phone in the lobby, free for local calls and easy to use with a phone card for long distance.
In 12 hours, I went from acutely ill to blissful!
Highly recommended!

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sylviahere
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Most relaxing week ever. Off peak at a B&B is the best. I had the place to myself. Doug & Peggy were the best hosts. I'm sure you won't get a chance to leave without trying Peggy's Kiwi jam, but Just in case she forgets, the "Kiwi Comfort" is heavenly!

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had an unexpected delay in a motorcycle tour of Vancouver Island and need a place for one night near Ladysmith. What a surprise to find that a quick online search led us to a wonderful experience at the Kiwi Cove Lodge. The location and the gardens are absolutely beautiful. The room was nicely furnished and spotless. The hospitality was friendly and very helpful.

To top it off, after a walk along the water and through the gardens we had an amazing breakfast starting with yogurt, berries and kiwi and moving on to yard eggs, local bacon, home-made bread and jams and beets and peas from the garden.

The quality of the accommodations and the location are unbeatable for the price. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stanley F
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We've just returned from a week staying a Kiwi Cove whilst hiking in the area...there were 8 of us. Part of us had a cottage that was amply supplied with full kitchen( including the corkskrew!) and everything else one needed for delectable meals! Our friends who stayed in one of the lodge rooms described healthy, creative, and well presented breakfasts. Our last night about 12 of us had a scrumptious meal whilst sitting at a long table on the deck overlooking the kiwi vines, vegetable garden and hils on the horizon. We were near Ladysmith, a charming, historic Vancouver Island town and we were very well situated for all the hiking areas! The property is very well maintained and Peggy & ? Andre were very accomodating!! Thanks so much...repeat business coming your way!

Room tip: Cottage that sleeps 6 at least was very quiet and friends in the lodge rooms agreed!
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank foxylady77Vancouver
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed at Kiwi Cove for a family reunion; a total of 14 people travelling from the US, Canada and Europe. This was a perfect spot for our get together. The "older" folks stayed in the beautiful rooms in the lodge, while the "kids" (young adults, really) shared the cottage. This arrangement worked very well, since it meant we could all gather in the cottage in the evening, prepare meals in the well appointed kitchen, and still keep to our very diverse schedules. The lodge rooms are themed, spotless and beautifully decorated. The cottage is a little odd in appearance from the outside- we came up to it initially from the wrong side and thought it was a barn/storage facility- but it is very nice on the inside, particularly the upstairs bedroom. 6 people slept very comfortably in the cottage, as with the rooms there is plenty of space here.
Breakfast was very nice and the hosts were gracious and accommodating. The grounds are peaceful and lush, and there is plenty to do in the surrounding area.

Room tip: All the rooms that I saw were great.
Date of stay: June 2011